Radiofrequency microneedling is a safe and effective procedure to help eliminate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, reduce the appearance of acne scars and uneven skin textures, and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Many dermatologists agree that radiofrequency microneedling is a great way to achieve optimal results with minimal downtime or side effects.
Radiofrequency microneedling (RF) is a cosmetic procedure to help improve the look and feel of the skin.
RF microneedling can cost between $400 and $1200, depending on the location of the procedure and the experience of the nurse performing the procedure.
RF microneedling is backed by many dermatological studies and is safe and effective for treating fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin texture, cellulite, and acne scars.
The procedure has minimal downtime and few side effects; however, there are some things to be mindful of, such as swelling and redness.
What is radiofrequency microneedling?
Radiofrequency microneedling (RF) is a cosmetic procedure that involves using small needles and radiofrequency energy to rejuvenate the skin’s surface. This non-invasive procedure gained popularity due to its effectiveness in treating numerous skin conditions, such as acne scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin texture. Fractional microneedling in particular can effectively reach deeper layers of the skin and target severe scarring issues.
Does radiofrequency microneedling work?
RF microneedling is an effective intervention used to treat a wide range of skin concerns safely. The procedure can be repeated as needed without an increase in side effects and used on all skin tones and textures.
When is it safe to do microneedling with radiofrequency?
Radiofrequency microneedling is a safe and effective treatment option for most patients who want to improve the look and appearance of their skin. It can be beneficial for those seeking a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin textures.
Radiofrequency microneedling procedures are safe for all skin types, colors, and ages, making it a versatile treatment for many patients.
The procedure is non-invasive and safe to have done by any qualified, trained professional. There is minimal downtime, so it’s an excellent option for individuals who want to achieve younger-looking skin without taking time off work or other activities.
What results can you expect after an RF microneedling procedure?
RF microneedling procedures offer many benefits to the skin, and you can expect the following:
- Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles. The procedure stimulates the collagen and elastin of the skin, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduction in acne scars and stretch marks. RF microneedling will help reduce the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks by promoting the growth of new collagen and elastin in the skin.
- Improve skin texture. For those seeking smoother and more youthful skin, this procedure can improve overall texture, aiding in a youthful look.
- Reduction in the appearance of cellulite. RF microneedling is a safe and effective treatment for those looking to improve the appearance of cellulite. Many studies have found that there was a significant improvement in the appearance of cellulite after the use of RF treatment.
- Minimal downtime. One great advantage of RF is that there is little to no downtown after the procedure. Some people may experience mild redness and bruising; however, this will subside within a few days.
- Long-lasting results. Most people find their results will last anywhere from six months to one year, making this procedure great for those looking for healthy, youthful skin without frequent treatments.
What does a radiofrequency microneedling procedure look like?
A radiofrequency microneedling procedure consists of a trained professional using a handheld device on the skin’s surface to create micro-punctures using a cluster of very fine needles. These needles penetrate the skin at a depth of up to 3 mm. This creates microchannels in the skin that stimulate collagen and elastin production. Collagen and elastin are essential proteins that keep the skin firm and elastic, which gives the skin a more youthful appearance.
The radiofrequency energy is then delivered through the needles into the skin. This heats the tissues and stimulates collagen and elastin production even more. The heat from the radiofrequency is also known to tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The heat can be adjusted for each patient depending on the tolerance level.
How much does radiofrequency microneedling cost?
The cost of a radiofrequency microneedling procedure will vary depending on the location of treatment as well as the experience of the nurse or medical provider. Most RF microneedling appointments can cost between $400 and $1200 per session.
It’s also important to note that multiple sessions may be needed to achieve optimal results.
Radiofrequency microneedling aftercare
After undergoing radiofrequency microneedling, it’s essential to take proper care of the skin to ensure optimal healing and results.
- Avoid sun exposure. Sun exposure can damage the skin and prolong the healing process.
- Avoid heat. It’s important to avoid heat from showers, hot tubs, and saunas after the treatment for at least 24 hours.
- Keep the skin hydrated. Use a gentle, non-irritating moisturizer to help soothe the skin and prevent peeling and damage.
- Avoid makeup. Do not use make up for at least 24 hours after the procedure until the skin is healed. If you must use makeup, a light, a mineral-based foundation is recommended.
- DO NOT pick at your skin. RF microneedling can cause abrasions on the skin’s surface. It’s imperative to avoid picking at the skin to avoid damage, altered pigmentation, and scars.
Always follow your RF microneedling specialist’s advice and aftercare information and attend all follow-up appointments as scheduled for optimal results.
Can radiofrequency microneedling cause side effects?
Although microneedling is generally safe for almost everyone, there are some potential side effects to be aware of:
- Redness and swelling. Patients can experience some redness and swelling immediately after the procedure. This is normal and will subside within a few days.
- Pain and discomfort. Some patients may experience more pain and discomfort than others, but this can be effectively managed with topical numbing creams.
- Mild bruising. Because Radiofrequency microneedling causes a mild and controlled injury to the skin's collagen, some people may experience mild bruising on the skin's surface that can disappear within a few days.
- Infection. There is a small risk of infection with any skin procedure. This risk can be minimized with proper aftercare and following guidelines given to you by your RF professional.
- Pigment changes. In rare cases, radiofrequency microneedling can cause changes to the skin’s pigment. This can be more common for those with darker skin tones.
Radiofrequency microneedling is a safe and effective treatment option backed by many studies proving it can provide more youthful, healthy skin and also help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, and skin texture. If you are interested in radiofrequency microneedling, speak to a qualified cosmetic nurse who can assess your needs to determine if the procedure is right for you.
How long do RF microneedling results last?
The results from an RF microneedling appointment can vary depending on the individual’s skin type, length of procedure, and the number of treatments received. Generally speaking, the results can last anywhere from six months to two years.
How many times can you do RF microneedling?
Radiofrequency microneedling is very safe and can be performed as often as needed without an increase in side effects or damage. It’s important to discuss with your RF specialist how many treatments are needed for the desired outcome.
Is RF microneedling worth the money?
RF microneedling is a cost-effective way to achieve optimal results. Although a high-end treatment may sound expensive, it’s important to note that this specific treatment may last up to two years, eliminating the need for regular treatments like some other procedures.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked