Facial products seem to be one of the ways to reap some of the therapeutic properties of cannabidiol. Its potential anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects may aid some skin conditions, such as eczema or acne, and improve overall skin health.
However, there is a prevalence of new skincare and CBD products in the market and it might be tricky to make the right choice. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best CBD face products, so you can nourish and treat your skin how it deserves.
Best CBD face creams and products: shortlist
- Onyx + Rose — best CBD eye cream for wrinkles
- Endoca — overall most soothing CBD oil for face
- cbdMD — best CBD face moisturizer serum
- Tonic — best CBD oil to prevent skin damage
- Evolution CBD — most CBD concentration in a face cream
How have we compiled the top CBD face products?
We have compiled our CBD face products based on specific criteria that will help you make informed and safe decisions. Our list is extensive and covers different aspects, so you will most likely find the right facial product.
|Full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, isolate
|Certificates of analysis and other additional information
|Disclosure of full list of ingredients and quality of formula
|Reputation and customers testimony
- Price. We evaluated the cost of each CBD face cream and compared the quality of ingredients, potency, and other factors.
- CBD type. Some facials might include full-spectrum, others broad-spectrum, and some isolate. Before any purchase, it is important to know what type of CBD they contain to understand its potential benefits, but also side effects.
- Brand transparency. When it comes to CBD face creams, brands must test their products to ensure their quality and safety. Furthermore, additional certification should also be reviewed.
- Ingredients. Skincare products come in direct contact with our skin. Therefore, we should choose high-quality ingredients. Moreover, certain compounds might not be suitable for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Reviews. When selecting a product, the reviews and reports from customers should be analyzed. This can help understand the potential effectiveness of the product, as well as the brand's practices in customer support or shipping.
5 best CBD face creams for skincare: overview
We have compared and ranked five different facial CBD products suitable for people with different skincare routines, scent preferences, form, dosage, and others.
We hope that you can find in this list the one that your skin needs to feel nourished and comfortable.
1. Onyx + Rose — best CBD eye cream against wrinkles
Onyx + Rose harness the potential benefits of full-spectrum CBD to combat aging, reduce inflamed areas, and minimize dark circles.
The brand’s cream is enriched with all the compounds of cannabidiol and an array of ingredients to aid the skin. In this formula, a few compounds take the spotlight for their remarkable properties.
Firstly, the facial counts with dimethicone crosspolymer. This ingredient is a skin protectant that may improve the softness and flexibility of the skin. It is known for a silky and smooth feel and may help with softening and blurring skin lines.
Secondly, it includes green microalgae, a combination of fatty acids and nutrients that may have anti-aging properties.
Lastly, the presence of linoleic acid may aid skin's natural barrier and help minimize the signs of aging.
Even though the main focus of the cream is the eye area, it can also be applied on the face and neck. The brand advises using a dime size and patting it gently on a targeted area to increase its absorption.
Onyx + Rose provides COAs and is free from harmful ingredients. It is available for $52 and includes a 30-day return policy.
2. Endoca — best CBD oil for different skincare routines
Endoca CBD oil may be a great choice for those who enjoy lightweight formulas that absorb quickly, but still leave the skin comforted and nourished.
Sourced from apricot kernels and hemp extracts, the oil benefits from the smoothness of apricot and the potential soothing effect of full-spectrum CBD. Furthermore, it is rich in antioxidants like fatty acids and vitamins, which might help to reduce aging and keep the skin healthy.
Endoca recommends its daily use as a final step of the skincare routine to lock moisture and increase the comfort of the skin. It is advisable to apply the oil fresh out of the shower or after cleansing, in order to pump up its hydrating properties.
The brand highlights the oil production with natural ingredients and free from harmful chemicals. Furthermore, all of their products are tested by third-party labs and operate under the guidelines of GMP.
It is available for $58 and includes 300 mg of CBD per bottle with a percentage under 0.2% of THC.
3. cbdMD — best moisturizing CBD face serum
The cbdMD Facial Serum reaps the properties of broad-spectrum CBD with nourishing ingredients to hydrate and soothe the skin.
The serum is made with sacha inchi, a compound known for its potential properties to reduce the aging of the skin. In addition, it also includes hyaluronic acid, an ingredient known for its natural moisture retention. Lastly, it contains algae extract, an ingredient linked with skin barrier protection.
This powerful formula may increase skin’s hydration and elasticity, leaving plump and nourished skin. The brand recommends applying two pumps at the fingertips and massaging the product gently through the face and neck.
It is available for $15.99 and includes a 60-day money-back guarantee. The brand recommends using it with other facial products for better results.
4. Tonic — best anti-aging CBD facial product
Tonic’s oil is enriched with plant-based ingredients and CBD, which aims to balance, moisture and protect the skin.
The product is made with ingredients like passioline, black seed oil, retinyl, apricot kernel oil, tamanu oil, and rosehip oil. A powerful formula that may prevent skin damage, induce regeneration, and reduce inflammation. Furthermore, its lightweight formula leaves the skin moisturized without the feeling of greasiness or clogged pores.
The brand advises applying the oil on top of your serum and gently patting a desired amount onto the face, starting near the nose and following outwards. However, it is recommended to start with 25 ml per application and adjust based on skin needs.
It is available at $35 and counts with lab-test reports and a great reputation among customers.
5. Evolution CBD — best cream with ultra concentrated CBD
Evolution CBD Replenishing Face Cream is elaborated with a highly concentrated hemp extract and aims to improve skin health and provide a youthful look.
The product is made with natural products like pumpkin, safflower oil, and aloe vera that may have antioxidant, nourishing, and stress-relief properties. Furthermore, it is infused with lavender oil, an ingredient known for its antibacterial and calming benefits on the body.
Evolution recommends using a drop or two and applying it directly to the face or any desired area, leaving it silky and fresh.
The brand proudly exhibits its good manufacturing practices throughout the website. The product is made with USA hemp and tested by third-party labs. Furthermore, Evolution CBD has been awarded by the U.S. Hemp Authority Certified Products.
The cream is available for $30 and offers a 45-day return policy.
Comparison of the top CBD face creams and products
|Onyx + Rose BLUR THE LINES
|Dimethicone crosspolymer, green microalgae, linoleic acid
|Endoca CBD Face and Body Oil
|Oil for face
|Apricot kernel, fatty acids, vitamins A and E
|cbdMD Facial Serum
|Hyaluronic Acid, sacha inchi extracts, algae extract
|Tonic Renewal: Face and Body Oil
|Passioline, black seed oil, apricot kernel oil, tamanu oil, and rosehip oil
|Evolution CBD Replenishing Face Cream
|Natural oils, aloe vera, and vitamins A, E, and D
How to use CBD face creams to get the most out of it?
Skincare is important to prevent the aging of the skin and preserve its health. Therefore, protection, cleaning, and moisturizing are key components of daily routine to ensure nourished skin. In this sense, choosing the right cannabis face cream may be a great improvement to boost skin's wellness.
CBD face creams may have anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties to prevent damage to the skin. The best way to use them is as a final step of the skincare routine to lock in all moisture and keep the face hydrated.
The dosage and application may depend on the product, but it's best to use one or two pumps and massage the targeted areas to increase blood flow and soothe the skin.
The pros and cons of using CBD face creams
CBD creams for the face contain cannabidiol, a compound that interacts with the Endocannabinoid System (ECS), that plays a role in balancing different body functions. One of the positive effects of this interaction is the improvement of skin health.
The American Academy of Dermatology has recognized the potential benefits of CBD on the skin and may link its use to improvement in conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema. Furthermore, its potential nourishing properties can also be positive to prevent skin dryness.
Additionally, the soothing properties of CBD may relax muscles and reduce anxiety. This can contribute to greater comfort in the skin and avoid potential breakouts by keeping both mind and body at ease.
Moreover, the ingredients of CBD creams might cause allergic reactions. It is always good to test the product on a small patch on the skin to ensure that it will not cause irritability. Furthermore, consulting with a doctor can also be an extra step to ensure safety and reduce possible side effects.
CBD vs. regular face cream
CBD face moisturizers are different from regular face creams in their formula. CBD creams are infused with CBD, while regular face creams lack this element in their ingredients.
CBD has a myriad of potential benefits when it comes to facial products. Some of these properties include antioxidant effects that may prevent the aging of the skin.
Furthermore, CBD creams are tested to ensure the safety of their formulas. These tests verify that products are free from harmful chemicals and reduce possible side effects.
What to look for in a CBD face cream
We have compiled some of the criteria you should review before purchasing any facial so you can make an informed decision and select the right match for you.
- Formula. Ingredients can play an important role in how the cream reacts and affects your skin. It is always best to opt for brands that use high-quality ingredients in their formulas and if possible, natural. Furthermore, facials should be free from harmful chemicals like lead, parabens, and others. It is best to review the full list of compounds in any cream to ensure its safety.
- Potency. Facials have various types of CBD that may react with other ingredients in the formula. Furthermore, its concentration can also play a role in the skin. Everybody reacts differently to cannabidiol and therefore, you should always check the potency and type of CBD before any purchase.
- Transparency. Brands should always disclose their manufacturing and production processes. In addition, facials should be thoroughly tested to reduce any possible side effects. Also, it is a plus when the brand provides COA online and other additional information so users can fully trust the brand.
- Skin Sensitivity. While some products might be suitable for some skin types, others can cause irritations in others. To ensure the safety of CBD facials, it is key to review formulas and perform patch tests to reduce possible adverse reactions.
- Format. There are different preferences when it comes to facial products. While some enjoy feeling nourished and moisturized, others prefer a fresh face. CBD facials can come in creams, oils, and serums to adapt to the preferences of each skincare routine. Before purchasing any, it is always a good call to review the formula and texture to ensure that it will be a good match for your face.
Does CBD cream tighten skin?
There is still not a lot of evidence on the effectiveness of CBD on the skin or its possible short and long-term effects. However, cannabidiol may have some anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that may help with skin perseverance.
Some ingredients included in CBD creams like retinol have been observed to stimulate collagen production and cell renewal processes, resulting in a skin-tightening effect. Other ingredients like almond or coconut oils might also have some properties to protect the skin against damage, keeping it hydrated and nourished.
Who may use CBD face cream?
CBD face creams have a myriad of benefits for the skin including anti-inflammatory properties. However, some individuals with sensitive skin or allergies should be cautious when applying CBD face products.
It is always advisable to perform a patch test before the use of any creams or oils on a small area of the skin and see how it reacts. If you experience redness, swelling, or itchiness, it is not advisable to apply the product throughout the face. In addition, we encourage a consultation with the doctor to clear any possible doubts about the use of CBD products or any other cosmetics.
Lastly, we do not recommend pregnant or breastfeeding women to try out CBD face products
Does CBD face cream work for eczema?
Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition associated with itchiness, dry skin patches, rashes, blisters, and skin infections.
The impact of CBD with the Endocannabinoid system may have positive outcomes balancing the system, reducing inflammation, and therefore improving skin health.
Furthermore, there is promising evidence that CBD may target eczema by encouraging cellular defense from reactive oxygen and other environmental stressors.
However, there is no evidence that cannabidiol face products can be effective against eczema. Therefore, we encourage a consultation with a dermatologist for further information when it comes to this skin condition.
Does CBD cream help acne?
Acne is an inflammatory condition triggered by several different factors including stress, hormonal imbalance, and nutritional alterations. And even though there have not been clinical studies that prove the effectiveness of CBD with acne, there is some promising research in the field.
The ECS plays a key role in the homeostasis of the skin. The interaction of CBD with the system might also prevent acne or reduce its proliferation.
The major factors involved in acne onset are sebum overproduction, and skin inflammation. CBD may be able to target this issue by preventing excessive lipid synthesis and reducing pro-inflammatory molecule numbers.
Furthermore, other factors that can contribute to acne are imbalances in the skin microbiome. The potential antimicrobial effects of CBD may also aid in supporting acne treatment.
Best CBD face creams — conclusion
CBD may be a great ingredient in face products due to its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties. The combination of this powerful compound with other moisturizing ingredients like natural oils or collagen-enhancing retinol, makes these facials a great incorporation to the skincare routine.
However, we would like to remind you that CBD is still understudied, and, therefore, it is always best to consult with your doctor on the dosage and use of any cannabidiol products. Furthermore, some ingredients within the product may cause irritability and allergic reactions, even at some time after its use. If any reactions occur, it is advised to stop using the product and consult with a dermatologist.
Related articles about CBD products
Support your pet’s well-being with our top picks for CBD oil for cats.
Dive into the cannabidiol market with our review of the best CBD brands.
Relieve your pain and inflammation symptoms with our best CBD oils for inflammation.
Learn more about how to support arthritis with our best CBD products for arthritis.
Learn how CBD for sciatica may help alleviate related symptoms.
Suppress your appetite to achieve your weight loss goals with CBD for weight loss.
Can CBD cream help with wrinkles?
It may help with wrinkles. Some CBD face creams may be anti-aging due to the anti-inflammatory and potential antioxidant properties of cannabidiol. These two effects may also prevent skin damage and improve overall skin health.
What is a CBD facial good for?
There are different focuses. For instance, some CBD creams for redness, focus on the anti-inflammation properties of CBD. Others might be good allies for reducing muscle distress and soreness, and some specialize in moisture.
How much CBD in cream is good?
Depends. The dosage of each product is specified on the brand's website and it is always best to review its recommended use. Additionally, to reduce side effects, a test patch can also be performed.
How long should you use CBD cream?
Some brands recommend daily use, while others do not specify. However, we encourage you to consult with a doctor, if you plan to incorporate CBD creams into your routine.
Is CBD gel or cream better?
The choice of the CBD product depends on individual preferences. For instance, some creams might be great for moisturizing, leaving your skin hydrated. Other products might be more lightweight and less oily on the skin. The choice is yours to purchase the one that best adapts to your skin type and preferences.
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal. A Single-Center Study Evaluating the Effects of a Novel Retinol and Cannabidiol Combination Topical on Facial Skin.
- Redox Biology. Cannabidiol induces antioxidant pathways in keratinocytes by targeting BACH1.
- Frontiers in Immunology. Translational Investigation of the Therapeutic Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD): Toward a New Age.
- Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology. Therapeutic Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Skin Health and Disorders.
- The Journal of Clinical Investigation. Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes.