It is scientifically possible to manifest our desires through the frequent practice of various meditation techniques. Manifestation meditation uses a meditative mind state to reinforce positive beliefs using techniques such as affirmations and visualization. Continue reading to learn the science behind manifesting your dreams and how to start a manifestation meditation practice.
Research has consistently shown that our subconscious beliefs are directly linked to the outcomes that we manifest.
Through the examination of our subconscious beliefs, meditation techniques help us to bring our desired lives into reality.
According to science, our subconscious beliefs can be altered because of our growing understanding of neuroplasticity.
It is possible to "rewire" our brains by practicing meditation on a regular basis, which effectively creates new neural pathways.
How can you use meditation to manifest?
Meditation techniques can be applied to manifestation for a number for reasons:
- Manifestation meditation builds upon traditional meditation by using a meditative state to access the subconscious mind, allowing for a deeper focus and self-exploration.
- While experiencing this deeply focused mental state, it is possible to examine subconscious programming, consciously implant new positive beliefs, and reinforce existing positive beliefs.
- Manifestation meditations often use affirmations and visualizations. These techniques have been shown to influence our thoughts and actions.
- In addition to manifestation, a deeper understanding of our needs and desires, as well as a closer relationship with ourselves can be attained through meditation.
What do our subconscious beliefs have to do with manifestation?
A lot of new-age manifestation teachings tell us that we can only attract relationships, money, and material possessions by thinking positive thoughts.
However, new schools of thought suggest that we do not manifest through positive thinking alone. Instead, we manifest our sense of self-worth and our subconscious beliefs.
"Meditating is also a means for you to move beyond your analytical mind so that you can access your subconscious mind. That’s crucial since the subconscious is where all your bad habits and behaviors that you want to change reside."Joe Dispenza, Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
According to neuroscientist Dr. Tara Swart and scientist Dr. Joe Dispenza, our past experiences—particularly those from childhood—have a significant impact on the reality we manifest. Meaning, for example, that a negative childhood experience may have led us to subconsciously believe we did not deserve a loving relationship.
Therefore, until we have eliminated or "rewired" that unworthy belief, it may be difficult for us to find a loving relationship as adults. With the help of this knowledge, one can rewire beliefs like these by using meditation techniques to access the subconscious mind. Which, in theory, may lead to a different chain of events within one's interactions and communication, stemming from a new sense of self-worth, creating a new result for a relationship.
The relationship between meditation and neuroplasticity
These days, there is a lot of interest in the relationship between meditation and neuroplasticity, even though the relationship between the two is hard to prove.
The concept of neuroplasticity is the understanding that our brain pathways can be reshaped or rewired. Neuroplasticity offers the insight that we can alter our subconscious beliefs if we acknowledge that our subconscious beliefs are what make us who we are.
It was previously thought that neuroplasticity stops around age 25 when the brain is fully developed. However, new research demonstrates this to be untrue, instead proving that the mind is capable of continuously forming new connections.
The practice of meditation increases this capacity to create new neural connections; this is especially true for long-term meditators.
What are the benefits of manifestation meditation?
Manifestation meditation provides the benefits of meditation, in addition to the possibility of manifesting your dreams into reality. Other benefits include:
- Increased gratitude. Having gratitude for what you already have can help you to attract more of what you appreciate. Meditating on gratitude may help you to cultivate more in your life.
- Less stress. Meditation is well-known for relieving stress. Manifestation meditation may also help to reduce any stress resistance that may be hindering your manifestation process.
- Enhanced clarity. Regular meditation is beneficial to clear and quieten the mind, this can help you to gain clarity on your authentic intentions and desires. From this, you can create clear goals for manifestation.
- Reduced negativity and self-doubt. Through meditation you can reduce stress and anxiety that feed negative thoughts and self-doubt. Manifestation meditation can help you to rewire habitual negativity into positive thought patterns and build self-worth.
How to begin a manifestation meditation practice
The steps below are a guide to use meditation for manifestation based on the scientific understanding of recognizing limiting beliefs, reshaping these beliefs while in a subconscious state, and reinforcing new positive beliefs.
For a manifestation meditation, you'll simply need:
- A quiet, comfortable space to sit or lie down
- Journal or paper to write on
If you want to create an even more comfortable atmosphere, you can turn on some relaxing sounds or meditation music, cover your eyes with a mask, or put on headphones.
Here's the process of the manifestation meditation:
- In your quiet and comfortable space, write a list in your journal of what you are looking to call into your life, for example: jobs, friendships, a relationship, material items, etc.
- When you have finished writing, take your time to read through your list and notice any thoughts, feelings, or sensations that come up for each item listed. You may want to make a note of these feelings and observations as you go through the list. If you feel the need to continue to free-write here, please do so; this can help you begin accessing the subconscious.
- When you are ready, you can move on to the meditation. Choose your preferred meditation position, either seated or lying down. If you are using music or binaural beats, you may want to use headphones and an eye mask. For many people, this will help to focus the mind.
- Allow yourself a few deep breaths to settle and be comfortable.
- Bring to mind some of the feelings that came up when reading through your list. Take your time to 'feel out' these feelings, noticing the sensations throughout your body. Acknowledge any memories that surface and allow your mind to explore these memories, continuing to allow your body to experience any physical sensations that arise.
- At any point, it may feel helpful to gently open your eyes and journal your experience and insights. If so, you may find it helpful to continue listening to your meditation music or binaural beats as you do so.
- When you feel that these sensations, thoughts, or memories have been explored enough—this may present as a feeling that has lost its charge or a memory that seems to have faded—you can begin to visualize the scenarios or items on your list from step 1.
- Picture yourself in these scenarios, holding onto the positive feelings, images, and sensations that arise when you see yourself obtaining or achieving these manifestations.
- When you are ready, you can open your eyes and allow yourself to journal any insights, ideas, or reflections to close your meditation practice.
- Repeat this exercise daily, as often as you can. Consistency is key to changing neural patterning and reprograming your subconscious beliefs.
While most people can safely practice this on their own, if you have experienced significant trauma or have been diagnosed with a mental health illness, you should consult a professional before starting this practice.
This meditation has no set start or end time. If you have a short window of time, you may want to set a timer for the meditation between 10 and 20 minutes. If you have enough time, though, feel free to continue with these visualizations for however long you can.
Can anybody manifest?
Yes, as explained above, our understanding of neuroplasticity shows that we are all capable of changing the way we think and even our subconscious beliefs through meditation techniques. This can require more work as we age, but it is always possible.
How long does it take to manifest?
Science says it will take as long as it takes to rewire your subconscious mind. As a result, this will differ among individuals. However, you will likely notice things beginning to change around you, such as relationship dynamics, as your subconscious self-worth begins to grow. Keep in mind that consistency is a key. Ideally, dedicate yourself to one month of this meditation practice to see shifts begin to take place.
What if I struggle to focus in meditation?
Some people may struggle to focus at first and find their minds wandering off. A meditation practice can take time to develop. Practicing first thing in the morning, before checking your emails or social media, can help to keep a clear mind. Alternatively, experiment with different guided meditations.