CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound derived from the cannabis plant that has gained popularity for its potential therapeutic benefits. Studies suggest that CBD may help alleviate pain and inflammation, making it a promising option for managing fibromyalgia. Researchers are exploring its effects on fibromyalgia symptoms, and some evidence indicates that medical cannabis compounds, including CBD, may be a safe and effective way to reduce some of the fibromyalgia symptoms.
This article will cover the 5 best CBD products that may provide relief from fibromyalgia.
Shortlist of the best CBD for fibromyalgia pain in 2024
- BATCH — most convenient form of CBD for fibromyalgia
- NuLeaf Naturals — best pre-measured dosage CBD
- Aspen Green — best CBD infused with pain-alleviating ingredients
- Endoca — best CBD with anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Joy Organics — best CBD for fibromyalgia-related anxiety relief
How did we rank the best CBD for fibromyalgia on the market
Our method considers essential criteria like third-party testing, brand reputation, certifications, and the price of the best CBD products on the market.
|Independent third-party laboratories
|Brand values, customer reviews
|Organic and non-GMO
- Third-party testing. We chose products tested by independent third-party labs. This confirms that the CBD items are devoid of harmful substances and contaminants and are labeled correctly with the declared CBD amount.
- Certifications. We examined products that follow GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and contain USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) organic certification, showcasing the product's adherence to quality, safety, and industry standards.
- Price. We selected products offering commendable CBD quality at a reasonable price range.
- Reputation. We took into account the brand's reputation and positive reviews from customers.
- Ingredients. We closely examined the ingredients of each product, prioritizing natural and organic elements while steering clear of artificial additives.
Best CBD oil for fibromyalgia: reviews
The CBD products in this overview may contain various benefits for individuals suffering from fibromyalgia. Each product might be helpful in reducing some of the fibromyalgia-related symptoms, such as pain, inflammation, or anxiety.
All the listed products are offered in different forms providing convenient options for consumption.
1. BATCH — most suitable CBD form for fibromyalgia
BATCH CBD Gummies are a high-quality and vegan solution for those seeking the benefits of CBD in a convenient form. These gummies are full-spectrum, meaning they contain all the beneficial compounds found in the hemp plant, including cannabinoids and terpenes.
Research in animal and cell studies suggests that some terpenes may have anti-inflammatory effects and reduce pain. The effect is less prominent compared to CBD, however, it may work synergistically in addressing inflammation and pain.
The gummies come in various juicy natural flavors and contain 25 mg of CBD per serving. According to the manufacturer, the recommended dosage is 1-2 gummies per day.
The product is made with ingredients of natural origin and is vegan and gluten-free, making it a suitable option for a wide range of dietary preferences. Each bottle holds 30 gummies, providing a total of 750 mg of CBD per container.
BATCH CBD Gummies are third-party tested for potency and purity, ensuring that you're getting a high-quality product free of contaminants.
The gummies are priced at $49.99 per container, and there is currently a promotion where if you buy two containers, you get the third one at 50% off.
2. NuLeaf Naturals — top CBD choice with precise dosage
NuLeaf Naturals offers CBD capsules made from 100% organic full-spectrum CBD and hemp seed oil. The capsules contain whole-plant hemp extract with a full spectrum of naturally occurring synergistic cannabinoids and terpenes – which may possess anti-inflammatory effects and reduce pain.
NuLeaf Naturals' proprietary genetics allow them to create a whole-plant, full-spectrum CBD extract that is highly concentrated in cannabidiol and contains significant amounts of secondary cannabinoids like CBC, CBG, CBN, and more.
Each softgel capsule contains a potency of 15mg of CBD. The company suggests a starting dose of 2 softgel capsules daily or as needed.
The company uses advanced subcritical and supercritical CO2 extraction to obtain a complete range of cannabinoids, terpenes, essential oils, and other beneficial phytonutrients. This yields a more potent blend and requires no harsh chemical solvents.
NuLeaf Naturals uses third-party independent labs to confirm their CBD products are free of pesticides, herbicides, mold, fungi, heavy metals, and mycotoxins.
The capsules are available at $49.00 for a one-time purchase or $39.20 with a subscription and save 20% option.
3. Aspen Green — top CBD infused with pain-alleviating ingredients
Aspen Green offers a potent full-spectrum CBD oil, including ingredients such as terpenes, chamomile, black cumin, and black pepper — that may be helpful for individuals suffering from fibromyalgia. Some limited studies on chamomile, black cumin, and black pepper extracts have revealed potential benefits for managing inflammation and pain.
The brand stands out for its product flavor options, including tropical, lemon, cherry, and berry.
The manufacturer employs a CO2 extraction technique to provide clean CBD oils. Aspen Green is tested by independent third-party laboratories, adheres to cGMP standards, and maintains openness by offering a Certificate of Analysis for every CBD oil batch. The item is both vegan and free from GMOs.
According to the provider, the product should be taken at least 2 times daily and consumed for at least 2 weeks for optimal results.
Aspen Green Full-Spectrum Organic CBD Oil is priced at $99.00 with a 50% discount and free shipping.
4. Endoca — leading CBD enriched with inflammation-reducing elements
Endoca Raw CBD Capsules is a vegan product made entirely from plant ingredients. The capsules contain hemp extract making up 50% of the product, along with Omega 3, and Vitamin E, which have shown some benefits in reducing fibromyalgia-related pain.
The phytocannabinoids included are cannabidiol and cannabidiolic acid at a concentration of 15% (1500mg CBDa+CBD), with low concentrations of CBC, CBG, and CBN.
The product’s composition also contains terpenes and natural molecules such as cannabis plant waxes, flavonoids, alkanes, nitrogenous compounds, amino acids, ketones, glycosides, vitamins, pigments, water, cofactors, and co-nutrients.
A single bottle of Endoca CBD includes 30 capsules, with each capsule containing 50 mg of CBD. The recommended dosage is not indicated.
The product is third-party tested and GMP-certified and does not contain any preservatives or artificial colors. The capsules are also vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
Endoca Raw CBD Capsules are priced at $129.00 with free shipping for orders over $74.00.
5. Joy Organics — prime CBD for alleviating fibromyalgia-induced anxiety
Joy Organics CBD Bath Bombs offers a product that may provide potential benefits for rejuvenating your body and reducing constant muscle pain. These CBD bath bombs are infused with 25mg of CBD and organic lavender. Some research suggests that lavender oil can promote relaxation and help manage stress/anxiety, which may be common in people with fibromyalgia.
Joy Organics ensures quality by working closely with farmers to breed hemp strains high in CBD and other cannabinoids.
The bath bombs are formulated with clean ingredients, free from synthetic dyes and fragrances, and contain no detectable THC. They are third-party lab-tested for potency and purity, ensuring a worry-free, relaxing bath experience.
Each box of four bath bombs is priced at $19.95, with a subscription option available for 20% off at $15.96.
Comparing the best CBD products for fibromyalgia
|Potency per serving
|Blueberry, raspberry, mango
|BATCH CBD review
|NuLeaf Naturals review
|Tropical, lemon, cherry, berry
|Aspen Green CBD review
What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic health condition characterized by widespread pain and tenderness throughout the body. It is often accompanied by fatigue, cognitive symptoms, and a heightened sensitivity to pain. The exact cause of fibromyalgia is unknown, but it is believed to be related to abnormal processing of pain signals in the brain. In addition to pain, fibromyalgia can cause symptoms such as sleep disturbances, headaches, and mood disorders. The condition affects both men and women but is more common in women. Treatment for fibromyalgia typically involves a combination of medication, physical therapy, and lifestyle changes to manage symptoms.
Symptoms of fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, and other symptoms. The following are some of the common symptoms:
- Widespread pain. Fibromyalgia is primarily associated with widespread pain throughout the body. The pain is often described as a constant dull ache that has lasted for an extended period. It can affect various parts of the body, including the muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Fatigue. People with fibromyalgia often experience severe tiredness or fatigue. This can range from feeling mildly tired to the exhaustion often felt during a flu-like illness. Fatigue can significantly impact daily activities and overall quality of life.
- Muscle stiffness. This is another common symptom of fibromyalgia. It can occur in specific areas or throughout the body. The stiffness may be more pronounced in the morning and can make it difficult to move or perform daily tasks.
- Sleep disturbances. Difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep is a common issue for individuals with fibromyalgia. Poor sleep quality can exacerbate other symptoms, such as pain and fatigue, and can contribute to feelings of tiredness during the day.
- Cognitive difficulties. Fibromyalgia can also cause cognitive difficulties, sometimes referred to as "fibro fog." This may include difficulty concentrating, memory problems, and confusion. These cognitive symptoms can affect a person's ability to function effectively in daily life.
Can CBD help with fibromyalgia pain?
CBD has been explored in limited research as a potential aid for fibromyalgia pain. Studies suggest that CBD may help relieve pain and inflammation, making it a possible option for managing some of the fibromyalgia symptoms. While CBD is not a cure for fibromyalgia, it may help reduce pain and anxiety and improve sleep quality. However, there is a lack of research evidence that could support the direct link between CBD and fibromyalgia pain. Therefore, more evidence is needed to support it.
Benefits of using CBD for fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia patients may experience some positive benefits when consuming CBD products. It is believed that CBD may help relieve pain and inflammation while also reducing anxiety and improving sleep quality, all of which can be affected by fibromyalgia. One way CBD may help with widespread pain is through its effect on the endocannabinoid system, which is involved in the regulation of pain.
Other benefits may include reduced muscle stiffness and improved sleep, While CBD is not a cure for fibromyalgia, it may provide relief from some of the symptoms and improve the overall quality of life for those living with the condition.
Can CBD cause side effects?
CBD is generally considered safe, but it can cause side effects in some people. Common side effects include diarrhea, fatigue, and sedation. In some cases, CBD may also cause drug-related interactions and liver damage. It is important to note that the severity and occurrence of these side effects may vary depending on the individual and the dosage of CBD used. Consultation with a healthcare professional is highly recommended before using CBD.
How long does it take for CBD to work for fibromyalgia?
There is a limited amount of clinical evidence when it comes to determining whether CBD will work for fibromyalgia symptoms. Therefore, it is difficult to estimate how long it would take for the CBD to take effect.
The time it takes for CBD to work can vary between individuals depending on their genetics, weight, metabolism, and the method of administration. It is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before using CBD products.
Current strategies for fibromyalgia management
When it comes to fibromyalgia, it is possible to manage symptoms and improve the quality of life through a combination of medication and self-care strategies.
- Pain relievers. Over-the-counter pain relievers or prescription medications can be used as a treatment option to help reduce pain and improve sleep in fibromyalgia patients.
- Antidepressants. These medications can help ease pain, fatigue, and sleep disturbances in fibromyalgia patients. The use of these medications can increase the levels of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, which help improve mood and reduce pain perception.
- Exercise. Regular physical activity can help reduce pain, improve mood, and enhance overall well-being in fibromyalgia patients. Aerobic exercise, strength training, and flexibility exercises may all be beneficial. Exercise increases the production of endorphins, natural painkillers — and can also improve sleep quality.
- Talking therapies. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and other talking therapies can help patients cope with chronic pain, improve sleep, and manage stress. CBT focuses on changing negative thought patterns and behaviors that contribute to pain perception. It can also provide strategies for managing stress, improving sleep, and enhancing quality of life.
- Complementary therapies. Traditional Eastern practices such as tai chi, qigong, and gentle yoga may help relieve fibromyalgia symptoms. These practices focus on improving flexibility, balance, and relaxation. They can also help reduce stress, improve sleep, and enhance a person’s well-being. It's important to consult a healthcare professional before starting any complementary therapy to ensure it's safe and appropriate for your specific needs.
- Dietary intervention. Another possible strategy for fibromyalgia management is dietary intervention. Significant improvements were reported for those following a vegan diet, as well as FODMAP diets. Supplementation with Chlorella green algae, coenzyme Q10, acetyl-l-carnitine, or a combination of vitamin C and E may reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia such as pain.
Best CBD for fibromyalgia pain - conclusion
The research on CBD’s effectiveness for fibromyalgia pain is still ongoing. The products provided in this review possess ingredients that might be helpful in reducing some of the fibromyalgia-related symptoms, such as pain, inflammation, or anxiety. However, these benefits are more likely to be indirect.
It is also important to consider your personal needs. What might work for others might not necessarily work for you. Therefore, it is recommended to consult a healthcare professional for a personalized plan.
Read more related articles about CBD and its benefits
Best CBD gummies in 2024 reviews the best gummies on the market currently.
CBD gummies for weight loss may contribute to your weight loss programs.
CBD gummies for ED may aid you in treating erectile dysfunction.
CBD gummies for sex may raise your sex drive.
Best CBD brands and products will provide you the best CBD companies.
Best CBD oil for migraines can induce anxiolytic effects and reduce headaches
How does CBD oil help fibromyalgia?
CBD oil is believed to have potential benefits for reducing fibromyalgia-related symptoms such as chronic widespread pain, fatigue, and sleep disturbance. However, there is a lack of research evidence that could support the direct link between CBD and fibromyalgia.
What type of CBD is best for fibromyalgia?
The best type of CBD for fibromyalgia is full-spectrum CBD oil, as it contains all the beneficial compounds found in the hemp plant, including terpenes, which can enhance the therapeutic effects of CBD. However, CBD benefits for fibromyalgia are yet to be properly researched.
What is the amount of CBD should I take for fibromyalgia?
It is difficult to determine the right CBD dosage for fibromyalgia since there is a lack of scientific evidence on it. The optimal CBD dosage varies based on individual factors. For a personalized regimen, it is recommended to consult your doctor.
Is CBD oil legal for fibromyalgia treatment?
It depends. The legality of CBD oil varies depending on the federal and state regulations. CBD is legal at the federal level as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC; the legality of CBD varies by state.
- Journal of Clinical Medicine. Safety and Efficacy of Medical Cannabis in Fibromyalgia.
- Nutrients. Dietary Interventions in the Management of Fibromyalgia: A Systematic Review and Best-Evidence Synthesis.
- Physiology & Behavior. Influence of lavender oil inhalation on vital signs and anxiety: A randomized clinical trial.
- Pharmaceuticals. Efficacy of Topical Essential Oils in Musculoskeletal Disorders: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- Zoological Society of Pakistan. Effect of Vitamins C, E and Nigella sativa Seeds on Antioxidant Activity in Fibromyalgia Patients.
- Life Sciences. Chamomile, a novel and selective COX-2 inhibitor with anti-inflammatory activity.
- Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research. The Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Terpenoids from Cannabis.
- The Journal of Pain. Cannabidiol Use for Fibromyalgia: Prevalence of Use and Perceptions of Effectiveness in a Large Online Survey.
- Best Practice & Research Clinical Anaesthesiology. Cannabis and cannabidiol (CBD) for the treatment of fibromyalgia.
- Biomedicines. Cannabis for the Treatment of Fibromyalgia: A Systematic Review.