There are many ways to harness the benefits of cannabinoids, and CBD massage oils may be an option for those looking to relieve pain, reduce stress, and improve skin health. Firstly, due to massage therapy, a technique that may enhance blood flow and reduce muscle discomfort. Secondly, due to the properties of CBD that may alleviate inflammation and destress the body.
To help you navigate the overpopulated sea of CBD oil for massage products, we have compiled a list of the top products so you can select the one that best suits your needs.
Shortlist of best CBD massage oils in 2023
- Joy organics — best organic CBD massage oil
- ENDOCA — best CBD massage oil for skin care
- Lazarus Naturals — best reputable CBD massage oil brand
- Prismatic Plants — best CBD massage oil for pain and pain relief
- Tonic — best CBD oil massage after work-out
How we ranked the best CBD massage oil on the market
|Transparency||Certifications and third-party lab testing|
|Eco-friendly||Cruelty-free, vegan, and natural ingredients|
|Reviews||Positive reviews and satisfaction of customers|
Price. We reviewed the prices of each brand concerning its key features and CBD presence. The price range of the top CBD massage oils in our list is $12–$70.
- Transparency. CBD products should be tested and carefully reviewed to comply with all safety standards. We examined the efforts of each brand to provide transparency on the extraction and manufacturing of hemp, as well as the availability of third-party testing certificates
- Ingredients. Examination of ingredients free from GMO (genetically modified organisms) and their key properties. We also evaluated the presence of possible allergens and its potential contraindications.
- Eco-friendly. We evaluated each company's efforts to provide vegan and cruelty-free products, as well as their focus on reducing waste and carbon footprint.
- Reviews. Satisfaction of customers and impact of CBD massage oils benefits on their lifestyle, including short and long-term effects.
Best CBD massage oils: reviews
Whether you are looking for a CBD massage oil for anxiety, a hemp massage oil to alleviate a sore body, or a CBD rubbing oil to induce relaxation, we have curated a great selection to help you pick the perfect companion for your needs.
1. Joy Organics — best CBD massage oil for organic lovers
Joy Organics is the best CBD massage oil in our list. It is a full-spectrum CBD massage oil, eco-friendly, and aimed at enhancing relaxation and taking advantage of the myriad benefits of massage therapy.
The two main ingredients present in Joy Organics are MCT oil and full-spectrum CBD, making it an ideal option for those who seek a more organic and free-of-scent product.
The oil can be used for individual relaxation, but also as a way to spice things up with your partner. The brand encourages its use in generous amounts throughout the body including sensitive areas to benefit from all of its properties. However, it might not be suitable for those with nut allergies, and the brand does not recommend applying it if using latex.
The product is certified by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) and contains a COA (Certificate Of Analysis) concerning its safety.
It is priced at $49.95 and includes a 90-day return policy and carbon-neutral shipping with a recyclable package.
2. ENDOCA — best CBD massage oil to incorporate to skin care routine
Endoca’s oil with full-spectrum hemp aims to become the perfect companion for those looking to nourish and soothe their skin.
The mix of hemp with natural ingredients like apricot kernel oil with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, or safflower, an ingredient suggested to improve blood flow, makes a very unique formula for calming and smoothing the skin, and it may be a great body and face moisturiser.
The recommended use of the oil is after the shower or after cleansing so the product can lock in all moisture and keep the skin hydrated. ENDOCA suggests its application during skincare routine but also encourages users to try its effects as a massage, alleviating stress, and inducing a comforting sensation in the body.
ENDOCA's hemp is vegan, organically-certified, third-party lab tested, and free from parabens, chemicals, and mineral oils making it a great choice for organic lovers.
The price is $58.00 and contains 300 mg of CBD with a mild, sweet, and citrus scent.
3. Lazarus Naturals — most transparent brand on the CBD massage oil market
Lazarus Naturals oil is made with full-spectrum CBD and aims to promote full-body restoration and hydrate the skin, inducing comfort and a calming sensation throughout the body.
Lazarus-based formula includes jojoba and sweet almond oil, ingredients that may help with different skin conditions and rejuvenate the dermis.
The best part about this oil product is its transparency as it provides a comprehensive map of how the hemp is extracted from Lazarus farms and manufactured into their products. It also includes lab-test results and different certifications like USDA Organic, Leaping Bunny, and Kosher.
The oil is recommended only for external use and can be applied as a massage or moisturiser throughout the body. The brand encourages discussing the use of this oil with a healthcare provider for people who should limit grapefruit consumption.
The price is $12 and includes 62.5 ml with a concentration of 500 mg. They also offer 4000 ml of CBD massage oil priced at $70.00, both with a 90-day return policy.
4. Prismatic Plants — best CBD massage oil for relieving pain and inflammation
Prismatic Plants oil is a CBD infused full-spectrum massage oil focused on reducing pain, and inflammation, and moisturizing the skin.
The best part about this massage oil is that it integrates different ingredients with enriched properties like St John’s wort or arnica, as well CBD and CBG to induce comfort in the body and hydrate the skin. Furthermore, Prismatic also includes scents like white sage and wild lavender.
The recommended appliance is 1 or 2 pumps in a targeted area to massage it with hands or Gua Sha and wait for its effect to peak after 10–15 minutes.
The oil is lab-tested and doesn’t contain any parabens or artificial fragrances. It is priced at $68 with a 30-day return policy.
5. Tonic — best CBD massage oil for fitness enthusiasts
Tonic is a cannabis oil for massage with full-spectrum hemp and well-suited for those looking to reduce post-workout fatigue and ease joint aches.
Tonic oil contains different essential oils like sandalwood and ginger that may help to relieve inflammation and improve skin conditions like acne or psoriasis. Furthermore, it includes tones of orange, rose, and vetiver making it a great match for those who like scented and lightweight oils.
The product can be targeted towards tense areas of the body, where individuals can massage gently to ease tension or pain. Tonic does not specify the dosage but on the website, they have a section where it is recommended an average of 12 to 36 mg of CBD products per day.
Tonic's hemp is grown and extracted from organic farms free from pesticides and other harmful chemicals. The oil is vegan, lactose-free, and can be used only topically.
A bottle contains 500 mg of CBD and it is priced at £35.00 ($44.55). Even though the brand is UK-based, they ship worldwide for an extra £15.00 ($19.02).
Comparison on the best CBD massage oils
|Joy Organics||$49.95||Full-spectrum hemp and MCT oil||500 mg||Available online||Sex and relaxation||Yes|
|ENDOCA||$58.00||Full-spectrum hemp and natural ingredients||300 mg||Available online||Moisture||Yes|
|Lazarus Naturals||$12.00–$70.00||Full-spectrum hemp and organic oils||500 mg||Available online||Relaxation and pain release||Yes|
|Prismatic Plants||$68.00||Full-spectrum hemp and organic oils||500 mg||Available online||Pain relief and moisture||Yes|
|Tonic||£35.00 ($44.55)||Full-spectrum hemp and essential oils||500 mg||Not available online||Pain relief and relaxation||Yes|
What CBD types are used in massage oils?
We have compiled a glossary with different terms related to CBD, so you can comprehend the different types of cannabinoids your product might contain.
- Broad-spectrum. Contains all the compounds found in cannabis including cannabinol and terpenes but excluding THC.
- Full-spectrum. Contains all the compounds found in cannabis including cannabinol, terpenes, and THC. The latter with a maximum of 0.3% as stipulated by federal law.
- Isolate. Pure CBD. All the compounds are extracted leaving only CBD, a substance that doesn’t contain THC, terpenes, or any other compounds.
- Terpenes. Primary constituents of essential oils and responsible for the characteristic aroma of cannabis. Many are responsible for cannabis sensory attributes, contributing largely to the consumer’s experiences.
- Hemp. Member of the cannabis plant family that contains 0.3% of THC or even less by dry weight.
- Cannabis. Psychoactive plant that contains different components, two of them are CBD and THC, the latter associated with psychoactive effects.
- Cannabinoids. Substances found in the Cannabis plant. More than 100 have been identified, including THC and CBD. The FDA has not approved the cannabis plant for any medical use, but it has approved drugs that contain individual cannabinoids.
- Cannabinol (CBN). Type of cannabinoid present in cannabis and mildly psychoactive but not as strong as THC.
- Cannabigerol (CBG). Compound derived from hemp with non-psychoactive properties that may have anti-inflammatory action.
How to use CBD massage oil?
The Endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a system in the body that plays an important role in balancing different body functions. CBD interacts with the cannabinoid receptors in this system and may promote benefits like anti-inflammation, stress reduction, or improvement of certain skin conditions.
One of the best ways to use CBD oil is for a massage in either sore areas or throughout the body. The massage combined with the different properties associated with CBD may reduce pain, ease anxiety and promote better sleep. These oils can be the best companion for post-workout routines, as well as for those who suffer from fatigued minds and bodies or look forward to spicing things up in bed.
What are CBD oil massage benefits?
CBD massage oils may have various benefits from aiding with mental health, improving certain skin problems, or decreasing pain, numbness and weakness.
In addition, there has been some research conducted on animals that indicates that CBD applied topically may have some inflammation reduction benefits. Furthermore, if CBD oils contain certain aromas and ingredients, they might also add another element to their qualities, aromatherapy, that may provide additional properties to restore both physical and emotional well-being.
However, we would like to remind you that these products should be used only as a support for health conditions like arthritis, or sleep problems. The therapeutic benefits of CBD are still under research, and there may be adverse effects to its use. It is always best to consult a doctor on the use and dosage of any CBD oils.
What to know when choosing a a CBD massage oil
Choosing the best massage oil can be difficult. Everybody has different preferences or looks for specific properties with the hopes of improving health and reducing stress. Therefore, we have compiled a list of factors to spot the best massage companion and avoid certain red flags.
- Third-party testing. When selecting a massage oil, or any CBD product, it is crucial to evaluate its quality and adherence to the regulations. A good indicator is third-party lab testing results, especially when they are easily available and listed in the product’s description.
- Ingredient safety. When it comes to CBD, adulteration may have harmful effects on the body so it is a green flag when products are pure and tested. In addition, look for products that are free from pesticides, parabens and toxic substances to ensure quality and safety.
- Disclosure of all ingredients. When it comes to oils, brands must disclose all the elements and compounds used in their products. Also, this is a must for sensitivities and allergies.
- Dosage of CBD and THC. CBD product labels should describe exact quantities of compounds, as well as specify other possible cannabinoids present in the product. In addition, they should follow the regulations regarding THC and indicate contraindications if any apply.
Can CBD massage oils have side effects?
The topical application of CBD massage oils does not penetrate the systemic bloodstream, so side effects tend to be very mild like sleepiness or drowsiness. However, this does not exclude allergies and other sensitives derived from certain ingredients like nuts or coconut. We highly encourage you to review the ingredient list of the oils to make sure there are no possible adverse reactions for your skin.
There is no specific dosage for massage oils, but the recommendation is until your skin feels hydrated and gentle. However, we would like to remind you that the therapeutic benefits of CBD, including dosage, are still under research so it is always best to consult with a specialist on the right amount for your needs.
Are there CBD oil massage contraindications?
The recent popularity and legal status change on cannabinoids have impacted the market and many new brands have proliferated. Many of these new CBD brands exaggerate their products' benefits and some may even adulterate them. Therefore, to take advantage of its possible therapeutic properties and maintain a safe use, it is crucial to always review ingredients and lab test results and purchase from reliable CBD companies, as well as consult with specialists on their dosage and possible CBD oil massage contraindications.
Products containing CBD should not be used in pregnant women or children due to its possible side effects and unknown long-term effects. In addition, CBD may interact with other drugs so if you are currently taking medication, you should consult your doctor on the possible usage of CBD oils and its best application.
Can I make CBD massage oil myself?
Yes, it is possible to create a CBD massage oil. The key is to use high quality oil bases and add supplementary ingredients or carrier oils of your choice. To select the best CBD bases, make sure you review ingredients, COAs and other indications on brand’s websites. We have already embarked on such a revision, so we encourage you to consult our top CBD oil picks from trustworthy brands before crafting your own custom CBD massage oil.
Keep in mind that to ensure the safest application of CBD and prevent side effects, it is always best to purchase oils from reliable providers with high safety standards.
More on CBD products and its benefits
Best CBD Oil in 2023: learn about the best CBD oils in 2023 that you can take orally.
Best CBD Gummies in 2023: a review of the top CBD gummies brands.
Best CBD For Knee Pain And Joint Pain in 2023: CBD products that can help alleviate discomfort in knee and joints.
Best CBD Gummies For Sleep In 2023: top in the market CBD gummies that might induce better sleep.
Best CBD For Cats: support cats' well-being.
Best CBD for restless legs might help relieve pain caused by RLS syndrome
Which CBD oil is best for massages?
Depends. All the oils featured on this list are great for massaging, moisturising, and stress relief. However, you may want to consider one brand or another depending on their main focus or ingredients. We recommend starting with as it has a simple formula and no scent.
Does CBD massage oil work for pain relief?
The use of oil massages can potentially relieve pain and muscle soreness, as well as it may aid with menstrual and lower back pain. However, if you are still wondering “How does CBD massage oil work?” or have other questions, we encourage a consultation with a doctor.
Can I rub CBD into my skin?
Yes, oil massages are suitable for the skin. Some might be aimed at stress release, others at skincare, and even some for sex life. Regardless if you are looking to manage pain, moisturise skin, or need a good massage, all of these oils can be enjoyed topically.
What does CBD oil massage do for you?
Many wonder what CBD oil does when applied as a massage and its possible benefits. Massage therapy is widely used to improve physical and mental wellbeing, by promoting relaxation and reducing stress It may also help with inflammation, pain or sleeping problems.
- Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology. Therapeutic Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Skin Health and Disorders.
- Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neuroscience. A Systematic Review of the Effectiveness of Medical Cannabis for Psychiatric, Movement and Neurodegenerative Disorders.
- BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Self-management strategies amongst Australian women with endometriosis: a national online survey.
- Journal of Cannabis Research. Reasons for cannabidiol use: a cross-sectional study of CBD users, focusing on self-perceived stress, anxiety, and sleep problems.
- Frontiers in Pharmacology. Cannabinoids and Pain: New Insights From Old Molecules.