Though studies addressing the therapeutic benefits of CBD oil are still in their infancy, CBD oils are advertised for a myriad of mental and physical improvements.
This results in a growing number of CBD companies making it difficult to select the best CBD products for you. For this reason, we have hand-picked the 8 best CBD oils in 2023.
Best CBD oils: shortlist
- NuLeaf Naturals — best-rated full-spectrum CBD oil
- BATCH — best established CBD oil provider
- Joy Organics — best CBD oil with the highest bioavailability
- Aspen Green — best CBD oil production technology
- Lazarus Naturals — best organic CBD oil
- FOCL — best versatile CBD oil for anxiety
- Elevate — best CBD tincture for sleep
- Endoca — most affordable CBD oil
How did we compile our list of best CBD oils in 2023?
While compiling the list of the 8 top-rated CBD oils in the market, we assessed the following criteria.
|Availability||USA and international shipping|
|Eco-friendly||Organic, vegan, non-GMO|
|Dosage/price relation||$0.02 – $0.20 per mg CBD|
|Customer satisfaction||More than 4.0|
|Third-party tested||Independent testing for purity|
- Availability. Companies that ship to not only in the USA but also internationally make their products obtainable for a wider use. Companies should also make it possible to obtain the CBD oils online.
- Eco-friendly formula. Starting from the hemp growing to manufacturing and testing, the best CBD products should meet the following requirements — organic, vegan, and non-GMO.
- Third-party tested. Independent testing for purity and absorption ensures the customer gets high-quality CBD product that works.
Dosage and price relation. Commonly, $0.02–$0.20 per mg of CBD is the most reasonable price.
- Customer satisfaction. It is essential to look for a CBD product sharing customer reviews from real people on the provider's website and other review platforms. A higher number of stars is a sign of high-quality products, a smooth delivery process, and good customer support.
Best CBD oils in 2023: an overview
Around 50% of the US population uses CBD oils complimentary to their daily healthy diet, and almost 20% are familiar with it. However, not all products are effective, and some users may report side effects with low-quality CBD oils.
For this reason, we have conducted thorough research and compiled a list of the 8 best CBD supplements for 2023 based on essential quality criteria. Read on to find the best CBD oil products that are right for you.
1. NuLeaf Naturals — best-rated CBD choice for different serving sizes
NuLeaf Naturals provides full-spectrum oils derived from US-grown hemp plants in various bottle sizes and CBD mg. The brand is one of the best-rated CBD brand on the market with more than 24.000 customer reviews on review platforms and the brand's website.
NuLeaf Naturals full-spectrum CBD oils carry anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects due to cannabinoids and terpenes with a potency of 60 mg per full dropper.
You can choose your CBD from 6 different-sized bottles, each serving 30 mg CBD daily (10 drops).
15 ml containing 900 mg CBD per bottle costs $49.00 which is an ideal price-dosage relation for a full-spectrum product.
2. BATCH — great choice for established CBD brand
BATCH Original CBD oil is obtained from organically grown hemp plants in Wisconsin, Neillsville. All BATCH CBD products are third-party tested to ensure the highest quality and purity.
The brand’s CBD oils are full-spectrum — comprising all the natural ingredients for enhanced health benefits without making you high. BATCH Original earned its trust in the market with the flagship Original CBD oil tincture.
You can obtain the latter in different concentrations ranging from 500 to 3000 mg in 30 ml bottles. The provider recommends taking 1–2 half droppers daily. With a 500 mg concentration, you will get 17 mg CBD with each full dropper.
The 30 ml 500 mg CBD bottle costs $44.99, plus you can subscribe to recurring orders and save 25%. Currently, BATCH Original accepts orders only in the USA.
3. Joy Organics — best CBD oil with the highest bioavailability
Joy Organics’ Summer Lemon broad-spectrum CBD oil has the highest bioavailability as it contains water-soluble nano CBD particles. This innovative production method allows CBD oil to absorb faster and more effectively.
Although CBD oils are well-absorbed alone, their solubility should be fortified by other carrier oils. Joy Organics uses MCT carrier oil known to strengthen CBD solidity making it more accessible throughout your body.
Joy Organics uses USDA-certified organic products as a good addition, including lemon essential oil as a freshening flavor. The latter, in its turn, contains terpenes and phytonutrients benefiting the skin, promoting relaxation, and strengthening the immune system.
Note that lemon essential oil may interact with medications such as cough suppressants, sedatives, hypnotics, erectile dysfunction drugs, antihistamines, and immunosuppressants.
Joy Organics Summer Lemon is a broad-spectrum CBD product containing no THC. The provider offers three options with different serving sizes per dropper — 15, 30, and 45 mg CBD serving for 30 days.
Considering the highest bioavailability, you can choose the 30 mg CBD option and ensure you get the exact amount. This option is sold at the price of $69.95. Moreover, the monthly subscription will save you 20% ($55.96 per 30 ml/1 oz bottle).
4. Aspen Green — best CBD production technology
Aspen Green has the best CBD oil production process, ensuring hemp plant quality from soil to plant leaves. Their farms are in Colorado, where the climate is excellent for protecting hemp from mold and dampness.
Aspen Green has a vast amount of products made of full-spectrum CBD. To produce the safest and cleanest CBD oils, the producers use the CO2 extraction method.
We reviewed Strong full-spectrum CBD oil as best for stress relief. Aspen Green's bundle of Strong CBD oils is USDA-certified organic, it is vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. When buying the bundle, you can choose 3 bottles containing unflavored, mint, and citrus CBD oils if you don't like the aftertaste of cannabidiol.
Note that Aspen Green's Strong CBD products contain rosemary extract which can interact with blood-thinning medications such as Warfarin, Clopidogrel, Aspirin, and others.
Aspen Green ensures transparency by providing 3rd party testing COA for each batch of CBD oils.
One 30 ml bottle of Strong contains 2010 mg CBD in total. And with each serving, you will get 67 mg CBD and 2 mg THC.
5. Lazarus Naturals — best organic and Kosher CBD
Lazarus Naturals originated in Oregon and has a wide range of CBD products with different flavors. They offer organic and Kosher, third-party tested, and cruelty-free CBD products.
Here we reviewed the high potency, full-spectrum CBD oil tincture which comes in two flavors — strawberry lemonade and chocolate mint. If you do not like the taste of pure CBD oil, these flavors are perfect for you.
The 30 ml bottle contains 1500 mg CBD providing 50 mg CBD with each full dropper. Lazarus Naturals recommends using a full dropper daily. You can order the 30 ml container for $40.00 and the 120 ml (6000 mg CBD) container for $120.00.
The company delivers its goods all over the USA and 20 countries worldwide (check for restrictions in your area) with free shipping for orders above $50.
6. FOCL — best versatile CBD oil for anxiety
FOCL provides the best options between flavors, CBD amount per bottle, and composition for its Premium CBD Oil Drops. Besides, you can get packs of three similar products of your preferred flavor, CBD concentration, and form. Or you can choose a variety pack with different flavors among the other features.
Using the supercritical CO2 extraction method, the manufacturer aims to provide the most potent and intact CBD oil along with other cannabinoids. You can choose from broad or full-spectrum CBD Oil Drops.
Each bottle of FOCL CBD Oil Drops contains 30 ml of broad or full-spectrum oil. If you are used to the taste of hemp, you may like the natural flavor of this product. Yet, there are citrus, mint, and orange cream flavors to select from.
However, not indicated on the website, with each serving you will receive 33 or 100 mg CBD depending on the concentration of the bottle.
The bottle of FOCL CBD Oil Drops costs $59.00. Subscription will save you 20% and free shipping.
7. Elevate — best CBD oil tincture for sleep
Providing clinically tested amounts of CBD oil, the manufacturers of Elevate CBD Hemp Oil Tincture aim to help with poor sleep. Besides, customers using this product report better night’s sleep and relaxation.
However there are no flavor options, you can choose 30 ml bottles, containing 600 or 1200 mg CBD. With each serving you will receive 20 or 40 mg CBD respectively.
The provider uses the CO2 extraction method, aiming to maintain the potency and produce the best CBD products. The third-party testing for each batch established that the indicated amounts of CBD in the bottle correspond with what is inside.
600 mg bottle of Elevate costs $35.95, while 1200 mg is $66.95 for one-time purchase. The subscription will save you 25%.
8. Endoca — most affordable and high-potency CBD oil
Endoca CBD is the most affordable product offering high-quality CBD in optimal doses. It’s a family-run, Europe-based company growing organic, non-GMO hemp plants.
Endoca uses a CO2 extraction method to receive the purest CBD oils. The company produces CBD oils in GMP-compliant facilities, conducts in-house testing, and sends some batches for third-party testing for purity.
We reviewed Endoca medium-strength (3%) CBD oil. A 10 ml bottle contains 300 mg CBD. Hence, you get 30 mg of pure CBD with each full dropper. The recommended daily dose is 1–3 drops.
You can choose 10 or 30 ml containers with 300 or 900 mg CBD for $31.00 and $83.00, respectively. Endoca's best CBD oils are available online, and in physical stores in some countries.
The company delivers CBD products worldwide.
Comparison of the top CBD oils
|Product||Price||CBD type||Potency (per dropper)||Flavors||COA||Review|
|NuLeaf Naturals||$49.00||Full-spectrum||60 mg||Unflavored||Available online||NuLeaf Naturals review|
|BATCH||$44.99||Full-spectrum||17 mg||Mint||Available online||Batch CBD review|
|Joy Organics||$69.95||Broad-spectrum||15, 30, 45 mg||Lemon||Available online||Joy Organics CBD review|
|Aspen Green||$114.99||Full-spectrum||67 mg||Citrus, mint, unflavored||Available online||Aspen Green CBD review|
|Lazarus Naturals||$40.00||Full-spectrum||50 mg||Unflavored||Available online||-|
|FOCL||$59.00||Broad and full-spectrum||33 and 100 mg||Mint, citrus, natural, orange cream||Available online||FOCL CBD review|
|Elevate||$35.95||Full-spectrum||20 and 40 mg||Unflavored||Available online||-|
|Endoca||$31.00||Full-spectrum||30 mg||Unflavored||Available online||-|
* — prices vary depending on the total CBD amount within a single bottle.
Choosing the best CBD oil for you and understanding the label
Keeping in mind that there are plenty of scam CBD products, selecting the best CBD oil in 2023 requires in-depth research.
Look for the following criteria:
- Third-party analysis. An independent lab test to confirm CBD purity and the absence of contaminants. It also shows if the CBD content indicated on the label corresponds to what is inside the supplement. This information can be found on the product page.
- Organic, non-GMO, and cGMP-certified. Look for USDA-organic and non-GMO stamps on the CBD oil bottle. cGMP certification related to the facility the CBD has been produced, and the stamp should also be on the label.
- Established CBD brand. Although CBD oil brands just starting in the market are not necessarily of low quality, well-established brands may recognize customers' needs better, offer a rich portfolio, and keep their place in the market thanks to high quality CBD products.
- Strength–price relation. Look for CBD oils offering reasonable CBD content in a bottle at a reasonable price. Check the total CBD amount in the bottle, and compare how much you will spend on your daily usage.
The milligrams or percentages of CBD contained in a container are of particular importance. If you are a beginner, choose low-concentration CBD oils and start using half the recommended daily dose. You may increase the dosage gradually to obtain the desired results. CBD connoisseurs may take up to 200 mg of CBD daily, but this requires frequent use to develop tolerance to these large doses.
What is CBD oil and how does it work?
CBD (cannabidiol) is one of the many chemicals found in hemp or cannabis plants, also known as cannabis sativa. Although CBD is a non-euphoriant substance, it is sometimes wrongly thought of as a drug capable of producing a “high.”
CBD oils are touted to help eliminate pain due to health complications, relieve stress and anxiety, and improve sleep quality through the endocannabinoid system. However, there is relatively little research that confirms these assertions.
The endocannabinoid system exists naturally in the human body, independent of CBD usage. This system has two receptors — CB1 and CB2. They are primarily located in the brain and immune system cells.
CBD interacts with the CB1 receptor and desensitizes the TRPV1 receptor responsible for conveying the feeling of pain. In addition to pain relief, people use CBD widely for its anxiolytic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
Benefits of CBD oil
CBD oil use was demonstrated to convey myriad physical and psychological benefits. Here are some of them:
- Anxiety and stress relief. The study with 24 adults with a social anxiety disorder (SAD) showed that a single dose of 600 mg of CBD oil reduces anxiety prior to public speaking. Other benefits include self-reported reduced anxiety, stress, and increased self-esteem.
- Improved sleep and energy. 40% of people taking CBD oils regularly reported better sleep accompanied by fewer occasions of waking up. 5% of people reported energy boosts and memory enhancement with CBD use due to amplified deep sleep.
- Improvement in cognitive disorders. Studies show that daily 25 mg CBD use among people with Parkinson’s disease is well-tolerated as a primary outcome. The secondary effects are neuroprotection and decreased duration of severe tremors.
- Weight-loss support. CBD oils may help in weight loss by improving metabolism. While eating disorders can be related to overeating due to stress and anxiety, CBD can reduce these psychological difficulties, hence support healthy weight management.
Types of CBD oil
Providers offer three different types of CBD oils, depending on the extraction method and the intended effects.
- Full-spectrum CBD oils contain all the terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids along with THC (up to 0.3%). The THC content in full-spectrum CBD oil helps in pain relief by relaxing the nervous system.
- Broad-spectrum CBD oils contain all the compounds in the cannabis plant but are free from THC. You can use broad-spectrum CBD oil to strengthen your health without feeling the mind-easing effects of THC.
- Isolate CBD oils contain none of the additional components of cannabidiol and are pure CBD extracts without even a trace amount of THC. You may prefer CBD isolate form to avoid the entourage effect.
CBD oil vs. hempseed oil
Primerily, it is important to know that hempseed oil is not the same as CBD oil. People may also refer to CBD as hemp oil or hempseed oil. Yet, using hempseed oil to refer to CBD is incorrect, and here is why.
CBD oils are made from hemp plants, particularly from the stalk, leaves, and flowers that contain CBD, among other cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonols. Hempseed oil is made from seeds in hemp plants that do not contain CBD but have numerous other nutrients.
Possible side effects of CBD oils
The moderate use of CBD oils showed no adverse health effects. The safe doses of CBD oil range from 25 mg to 300 mg daily. However, the use of 300–1500 mg of CBD was shown to be well-tolerated during clinical studies with several mild side effects.
Some possible side effects related to higher-than-recommended doses of CBD oil are the following:
- Stomach discomfort and diarrhea
- Drowsiness and fatigue
- Rapid heartbeat
- Dry month
- Headache and dizziness
- Concentration issues
Consult your doctor before taking CBD with other medications to avoid harmful interactions. If you’ve recently increased the daily dosage and feel the above-mentioned side effects, reduce the dose, and if any of the symptoms are worrisome contact a healthcare professional.
Is CBD oil safe to use?
Yes. As with other supplements or natural compounds, moderate CBD intake poses no significant side effects and is generally safe for daily use. Moreover, numerous studies with cannabidiol at higher than 400 mg daily dose showed no significant adverse effects in most trial participants.
Though FDA does not control CBD oils, it confirms their therapeutic effects in moderate doses.
People new to CBD products or with known medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
How to use CBD oil
Sublingual administration of CBD tincture oils is the most widespread and effective method. Simply put a drop of CBD under your tongue and hold or swish it for 30 seconds, then swallow. Other ways to use your CBD are the following:
- Add it to your morning coffee
- Use it as a salad dressing
- Drop it in your smoothie
- Infuse it in water
- Massaging CBD oil into the skin
Based on studies, there is no specific dosage recommendation as the latter has been conducted with various doses — 25–600 mg daily.
Existing studies suggest that 100–600 mg of CBD oil usage has anxiolytic effects, while lower than 25 mg may improve sleep. Lower than 30 mg doses can help with abdominal pain and bowel diseases.
Always check the doses on the product label and use them as recommended or instructed by your healthcare provider.
CBD oil vs. gummies, capsules, and other edibles
As a plant-derived product, CBD oils have an unusual taste that may be unpalatable for many people. In this case, CBD gummies and other edibles may be a perfect alternative to oils, meanwhile, saving you some time spent measuring doses.
CBD gummies are made of non-GMO, organic gelatin, or vegan-friendly pectin. Gummies contain a pre-measured amount of full, broad-spectrum, or isolate cannabidiol. These edibles deliver the same effects as CBD oils.
CBD oils take 15 minutes to get into the bloodstream, and the effects may last 2–4 hours. Gummies may take up to 30 minutes to reach the bloodstream, thus their effect can last 4–5 hours.
CBD capsules work likewise, delivering the same therapeutic effects. However, compared to oil and gummies, CBD capsules take longer to be absorbed in the body — up to 45–60 minutes. The effects may last from 2 to 6 hours.
Other CBD best of lists and benefits
CBD gummies for sex may raise your sex drive.
Best CBD oil for sleep can help regulate your sleep patterns and fall asleep faster.
Best CBD massage oil for relaxation and improved skin health.
Best CBD gummies for weight loss may accelerate metabolism.
What is the best CBD oil?
Based on our review, Aspen Green Strong full-spectrum CBD oils are the best for anxiety. A full dropper of Strong provides a daily dose of 67 mg CBD and 2 mg THC (0.2%).
Can you get CBD oil in Europe?
Yes. However, when it comes to THC levels in CBD oils, Europe has various content regulations. While some countries in the EU accept CBDs containing 0.3% THC, others allow only less than 0.2% or 0%.
Can you buy CBD oil online?
Yes. the best CBD oils are widely available for purchase online. You can obtain CBD products from providers' official websites and reputable retailers.
Is there THC in CBD oil?
Yes and no. Full-spectrum CBD oils contain less than 0.3% THC among other ingredients, while broad-spectrum and isolate CBD products use extraction processes that remove all traces of THC.
How much does CBD oil cost?
The cost of CBD oil depends on several factors, such as the brand, dosage of the active ingredient, additional certifications, etc. The average cost is usually from $0.02 to $0.20 per mg of CBD.
Which is better, hemp oil or CBD oil?
It depends on what benefits you are looking for. Hemp oil or hempseed oil contains no CBD but is rich in other nutrients and is good for the skin by reducing inflammation. CBD in its turn contains both CBD and other nutrients which are best for stress, anxiety, and pair relief.
- NIH. CBD Effects on TRPV1 Signaling Pathways in Cultured DRG Neurons.
- NIH. The Therapeutic Effectiveness of Full-spectrum Hemp Oil Using A Chronic Neurophanic Pain Model.
- Journal of Cannabis Research. Reasons for cannabidiol use: a cross-sectional study of CBD users, focusing on self-perceived stress, anxiety, and sleep problems.
- NIH. Potential role of cannabidiol in Parkinson’s disease by targeting the WNT/β-catenin pathway, oxidative stress, and inflammation.
- Jan Conway. Estimated annual CBD usage rate in the United States from 2018 to 2024.