Though studies addressing the therapeutic benefits of CBD oil are still in their infancy, CBD oils are advertised for a myriad of mental and physical improvements. This results in a growing number of CBD companies making it difficult to pick the right CBD product for you. For this reason, we have hand-picked the 10 best CBD oils available.
Best CBD oil providers: shortlist
- Wonderfeel — best production technology
- NuLeaf Naturals — excellent choice for CBD servings
- Nordic Nutris — finest product quality
- Onyx + Rose — ideal CBD for beginners
- Lazarus Naturals — premium organic CBD oil
- Endoca — most affordable CBD
- BATCH — great full-spectrum CBD oil
- Medterra — good high-potency CBD oil
- Lord Jones Royal — solid eco-friendly CBD
- Charlotte’s Web — decent CBD for athletes
How did we compile our list of best CBD oils in 2023?
While compiling the list of the 10 best CBD oils, we assessed the following:
|Availability||USA and international shipping|
|Eco-friendly||Organic, vegan, non-GMO|
|Dosage/price relation||$0.02 – $0.20 per mg CBD|
|Customer satisfaction||More than 4.0|
|Thirds-party tested||Independent testing for purity|
- Availability. Companies that ship to not only in the USA but also internationally make their products obtainable for a wider use.
- Third-party tested. Independent testing for purity and absorption ensures the customer gets high-quality CBD product that works.
- Eco-friendly formula. Starting from the hemp growing to manufacturing and testing, the best CBD brands should guarantee their products meets the following requirements — organic, vegan, and non-GMO.
- Dosage and price relation. Commonly, $0.02–$0.20 per mg of CBD is the most reasonable price.
- Customer satisfaction. It is essential to look for a CBD brand and product sharing customer reviews from real people. A higher number of stars is a sign of high-quality products, a smooth delivery process, and good customer support.
Best CBD oils in 2023: an overview
Around 50% of the US population uses CBD oils complimentary to their daily healthy diet, and almost 20% are familiar with it. However, not all products are effective and some users may report side effects with low-quality CBD products.
For this reason, we have conducted thorough research and compiled a list of the 10 best CBD supplements for 2023 based on essential quality criteria. Read on to find the CBD brand that is right for you.
1. Wonderfeel — best overall CBD production technology
Wonderfeel CBD products are formulated by Dr. Levinson using an activation technology to boost the whole plant extraction process.
Wonderfeel’s product is a highly bioavailable, broad-spectrum CBD. Each CBD batch undergoes independent third-party testing.
We reviewed Wonderfeel’s Anytime CBD oil, enhanced with other ingredients — CBG, CBN, CBC, and CBT.
The 30 ml container holds 500 mg of CBD. With every full dropper, you get 17 mg of CBD. Anytime CBD costs $45 — a fair price compared to the delivered daily CBD content.
You can order your Wonderfeel CBD in all 50 states of the US.
- Third-party tested
- Includes other active cannabinoids
- Only broad-spectrum CBD options
📢 SPECIAL OFFER: Get FREE SHIPPING for orders above $100!
2. NuLeaf Naturals — excellent CBD choice for different serving sizes
NuLeaf Naturals provides full-spectrum oils derived from US-grown hemp plants in various bottle sizes and CBD mg.
NuLeaf Naturals full-spectrum CBD oils carry anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects due to cannabinoids and terpenes with a potency of 60 mg per full dropper.
You can choose your CBD from 6 different-sized bottles, each serving 30 mg CBD daily (10 drops).
15 ml containing 900 mg CBD per bottle costs $49.00 which is an ideal price-dosage relation for a full spectrum product.
The products are shipped in all 50 states and internationally.
- Virgin hemp seed oil
- US and international shipping
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Low customer satisfaction
- No flavor options
📢 SPECIAL OFFER: Subscribe & save 20% for every consecutive order!
3. Nordic Nutris — finest pure CBD oil quality
Nordic Nutris is the first on our list due to its highest, science-based production process and various formulations for different health needs.
To extract the purest CBD oil from hemp, Nordic Nutris scientists use two different extraction methods — CO2 and ethanol. All the products in the Nordic Nutris portfolio are full-spectrum CBD oils.
The brand’s CBD oil products are vegan and tested by third parties for purity. Each new Nordic Nutris batch has ISO 9001 and ISO 22716 certificates for conformance.
CBD connoisseurs will like the brand’s Pure CBD oil for the strongest effects containing 2000 mg CBD and less than 0.2% THC in a 10 ml container.
The producers recommend using 1–2 full droppers containing 168 mg CBD at any time during the day. You can also divide the dose into two servings.
You can get your bottle of Pure CBD oil for €59.99. Yet, by becoming a member and gaining points, you become eligible for huge discounts. Based on CBD per serving and price relation, Nordic Nutris may be an affordable CBD oil provider.
Nordic Nutris delivers its CBD products all over Europe and the USA.
- Non-GMO and ISO-certified CBD
- Ideal dose and price relation
- Options for different needs
- The Pure CBD is not suitable for beginners
📢 SPECIAL OFFER: Get FREE SHIPPING in the EU for orders above €40!
4. Onyx + Rose — ideal CBD choice for beginners
Onyx and Rose is a Kentucky-based company offering full and broad-spectrum CBD products.
We reviewed their best-selling, broad-spectrum Pure Bloom CBD oil with 0.00% THC, enhanced with mint or coffee flavors. There is only one-size choice for your bottle — 1000 mg CBD concentration in a 60 ml bottle. As one dropper delivers 17 mg CBD, this dose may be ideal for beginners.
You can subscribe to receive the goods monthly for $61.20 or make a one-time order for $72. Comparing the amount and CBD concentration, the cost may be relatively high. However, if you want higher doses with similar prices, you can check out other products by this company.
The CBD products are delivered all over the USA and come with free shipping for orders over $50.
- Best dosage for beginners
- Flavor options
- No bottle size options
📢 SPECIAL OFFER: Choose the delivery frequency and get FREE SHIPPING!
5. Lazarus Naturals — premium organic and Kosher CBD
Lazarus Naturals originated in Oregon and has a wide range of CBD products with different flavors. They offer organic and Kosher, third-party tested, and cruelty-free CBD products. Here we reviewed the high potency, full-spectrum CBD oil tincture which comes in two flavors — strawberry lemonade and chocolate mint. If you do not like the taste of pure CBD oil, these flavors are perfect for you. The 30 ml bottle contains 1500 mg CBD providing 50 mg CBD with each full dropper. Lazarus Naturals recommends using a full dropper daily.
You can order the 30 ml container for $40 and the 120 ml (6000 mg CBD) container for $120.The company delivers its goods all over the USA and 20 countries worldwide (check for restrictions in your area).
- Third-party tested
- High CBD levels available
- Wide range of flavored CBD
- Vegan and Kosher
- Not recommended for people with allergies
📢 SPECIAL OFFER: Get FREE SHIPPING for orders above $50!
6. Endoca — most affordable and high-potency CBD oil
Endoca CBD is the most affordable product offering high-quality CBD in optimal doses. It’s a family-run, Europe-based company growing organic, non-GMO hemp plants.
Endoca uses a CO2 extraction method to receive the purest CBD oils. The company produces CBD oils in GMP-compliant facilities, conducts in-house testing, and sends some batches for third-party testing for purity.
We reviewed Endoca medium-strength (3%) CBD oil. A 10 ml bottle contains 300 mg CBD. Hence, you get 30 mg of pure CBD with each full dropper. The recommended daily dose is 1–3 drops.
You can choose 10 or 30 ml containers with 300 or 900 mg CBD for $31 and $83, respectively.
The company delivers CBD products worldwide.
- CO2 extraction
- Affordable high-quality CBD
- Worldwide delivery
- Customers report long delivery times
7. BATCH — great choice for full-spectrum CBD oil
BATCH Original CBD oil is obtained from organically grown hemp plants in Wisconsin, Neillsville. All their CBD oils are third-party tested to ensure the highest quality and purity.
The brand’s CBD oils are full-spectrum — comprising all the natural ingredients for enhanced health benefits without making you high. BATCH Original earned its trust in the market with the flagship Original CBD oil tincture.
You can obtain the latter in different concentrations ranging from 500–3000 mg in 30 ml bottles. The provider recommends taking 1–2 half droppers daily. With a 500 mg concentration, you will get 17 mg CBD with each full dropper.
The 30 ml 500 mg CBD bottle costs $44.99, plus you can subscribe to recurring orders and save 25%. Currently, BATCH Original accepts orders only in the USA.
- Third-party tested
- Tinctures with high CBD levels
- Hemp extract & MCT oil included
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Only full-spectrum CBD
- No worldwide shipping
8. Medterra — good high-potency isolate CBD oil
Medterra offers high-quality CBD products certified by US Hemp Authority and third-party tested with 99.6% purity.
Medterra offers a wide range of full and broad-spectrum oils. You can also find CBD isolate in the brand’s portfolio. If the use of THC is a health or drug-test concern, this is the best choice for you.
You can choose from 500–6000 mg CBD-containing bottles. With one full dropper, you will get from 16–100 mg CBD daily, depending on the container size.
The regular price for 500 mg CBD is $39.99 and $27.99 with a subscription.
Orders over $75 will be delivered all over the USA free of charge.
- Broad-spectrum, full-spectrum, and CBD isolate
- Third-party tested
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Poor customer experience
- Relatively high price for CBD isolate
9. Lord Jones Royal — solid choice for eco-friendly CBD oil
Lord Jones Royal extracts CBD oils from US-grown hemp plants and conducts third-party tests for each batch.
The company produces CBD according to Proposition 65, warning the Californian population about exposure to certain chemicals, including THC. The products are cruelty-free and meet the needs of people with dietary restrictions.
Royal 30 ml bottle comes with 1000 mg of broad-spectrum CBD, 40 mg CBD in each serving, and costs $60. This is a reasonable cost for a broad-spectrum CBD oil compared with the other similar products on our list.
If you don’t like the test of pure CBD, the company offers full-spectrum CBD tinctures with peppermint and orange flavors.
The company delivers in US states, free of charge, plus, you can get your Royal CBD products from physical stores.
- US-grown and third-party tested
- Available in flavors
- Single size bottle
- Only 1000 mg CBD in a bottle
10. Charlotte’s Web — decent certified CBD for athletes
Charlotte’s Web is known for providing both full and broad-spectrum CBD products.
Charlotte’s Web Daily Edge CBD oil is ideal for athletes and people leading an active lifestyle. Daily Edge is an NSF-certified, third-party-tested, broad-spectrum CBD oil. It comes in a 30 ml bottle with 750 mg CBD and less than 0.1% THC.
The recommended daily dose is 25 mg with a full dropper which you can take with daily food supplements. Moreover, the oil is mint chocolate flavored, making it pleasant to be taken sublingually.
By subscribing to recurring deliveries, you receive 20% off the regular price — $47.99 instead of $59.99. The brand delivered its products in the USA and Canada.
- NSF-certified CBD product
- Flavor options
- USDA certified organic
- Relatively higher prices
- No international shipping
What is CBD oil and how does it work?
CBD (cannabidiol) is one of the many chemicals found in hemp or cannabis plants, also known as Cannabis sativa. Although CBD is a non-euphoriant substance, it is sometimes wrongly thought of as a drug capable of producing a “high.”
Other hemp-derived drugs can cause mind-altering effects due to the presence of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). However, the industrial hemp plant grown for CBD oil extraction must contain less than 0.3% THC.CBD oils are touted to help eliminate pain due to health complications, relieve stress and anxiety, and improve sleep quality through the endocannabinoid system. However, there is relatively little research that confirms these assertions.
The endocannabinoid system exists naturally in the human body independent of CBD usage. This system has two receptors — CB1 and CB2 receptors. They are primarily located in the brain and immune system cells.
CBD interacts with the CB1 receptor and desensitizes the TRPV1 receptor responsible for conveying the feeling of pain. In addition to pain relief, people use CBD widely for its anxiolytic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
Types of CBD oil
Providers offer three different types of CBD oils, depending on the extraction method and the intended effects.
- Full-spectrum CBD oils contain all the terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids along with THC (up to 0.3%). The THC content in full-spectrum CBD oil helps in pain relief by relaxing the nervous system.
- Broad-spectrum CBD oils contain all the compounds in the cannabis plant but are free from THC. You can use broad-spectrum CBD oil to strengthen your health without feeling the mind-easing effects of THC.
- Isolate CBD oils contain none of the additional components of cannabidiol and are pure CBD extracts without even a trace amount of THC. You may prefer CBD isolate form to avoid the entourage effect.
Reported benefits of CBD oil
CBD oil use was demonstrated to convey myriad physical and psychological benefits. Here are some of them:
- Anxiety and stress relief. The study with 24 adults with a social anxiety disorder (SAD) showed that a single dose of 600 mg of CBD reduces anxiety prior to public speaking. Other benefits include self-reported reduced anxiety, stress, and increased self-esteem.
- Improved sleep and energy. 40% of people taking CBD oils regularly reported better sleep accompanied by fewer occasions of waking up. 5% of people reported energy boosts and memory enhancement with CBD use due to amplified deep sleep.
- Improvement in cognitive disorders. Studies show that daily 25 mg CBD use among people with Parkinson’s disease is well-tolerated as a primary outcome. The secondary effects are neuroprotection and decreased duration of severe tremors.
Possible side effects of CBD oils
The moderate use of CBD oils showed no adverse health effects. The safe doses of CBD oil range from 25 mg to 300 mg daily. However, the use of 300–1500 mg of CBD was shown to be well-tolerated during clinical studies with several mild side effects.
Some of the possible side effects related to higher-than-recommended doses of CBD oil are the following:
- Stomach discomfort and diarrhea
- Drowsiness and fatigue
- Rapid heartbeat
- Dry month
- Headache and dizziness
- Concentration issues
Consult your doctor before taking CBD with other medications to avoid harmful interactions. If you’ve recently increased the daily dosage and feel the above-mentioned side effects, reduce the dose, and if any of the symptoms are worrisome contact a healthcare professional.
How to pick the right CBD oil for you?
Keeping in mind that the CBD market is full of scam products, selecting the best CBD oil for you requires in-depth research.
Look for the following criteria:
- Third-party analysis confirming purity
- Organic, non-GMO, and GMP-certified
- Established CBD brand
- Reasonable potency–price relation
The milligrams or percentages of CBD contained in a container are of particular importance. If you are a beginner, choose low-concentration CBD oils and start using half the recommended daily dose. You may increase the dosage gradually to obtain the desired results. CBD connoisseurs may take up to 200 mg of CBD daily, but this requires frequent use to develop tolerance to these large doses.
How you can use CBD oil
Sublingual administration of CBD tincture oils is the most widespread and effective method. Simply put a drop of CBD under your tongue and hold or swish it for 30 seconds, then swallow. Other ways to use your CBD are the following:
- Add it to your morning coffee
- Use it as a salad dressing
- Drop it in your smoothie
- Infuse it in water
- Massaging CBD oil into the skin
What about CBD in gummies, capsules, and other edibles?
As a plant-derived product, CBD oils have an unusual taste that may be unpalatable for many people. In this case, CBD gummies and other edibles may be a perfect alternative to oils, meanwhile, saving you some time spent measuring doses.
CBD gummies are made of non-GMO, organic gelatin, or vegan-friendly pectin. Gummies contain a pre-measured amount of full, broad-spectrum, or isolate cannabidiol. These edibles deliver the same effects as CBD oils.
CBD oils take 15 minutes to get into the bloodstream, and the effects may last 2–4 hours. Gummies may take up to 30 minutes to reach the bloodstream, thus their effect can last 4–5 hours.
CBD capsules work likewise delivering the same therapeutic effects. However, compared to oil and gummies, CBD capsules take longer to be absorbed in the body — up to 45–60 minutes. The effects may last from 2 to 6 hours.
How to choose the best CBD oil?
Choose your CBD from reliable providers who ensure product purity proven with an independent third-party test. USDA organic, ISO, and GMP-certified CBD oils may guarantee the best results. Pay attention to the CBD concentration and form according to the benefits you are looking for.
Is CBD oil safe?
Yes. As with other supplements or natural compounds, moderate CBD intake poses no significant side effects and is generally safe for daily use. However, everyone’s body is different and may react to substances differently.
Does CBD oil actually work?
Yes. According to numerous clinical studies with humans and other mammals, CBD usage is related to a myriad of health benefits. Yet, more double-blind, randomized-controlled studies are needed to support these findings.
Is there THC in CBD oil?
Yes and no. Full-spectrum CBD oils contain less than 0.3% THC among other ingredients, while broad-spectrum and isolate CBD products use extraction processes that remove all traces of THC.
If you purchase via links on our site, we may receive affiliate commissions.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked