We discover the best CBD for sleep products, which are meticulously crafted to promote restful nights. Each product combines the calming properties of cannabidiol (CBD) with other natural sleep aids.
These offerings range from soothing tinctures to easy-to-consume gummies and softgels.
Selected for their effectiveness, safety, and quality of ingredients, these CBD sleep aids offer potential relief to those struggling with sleeplessness or restlessness, bringing tranquility to your evenings. Explore the best CBD sleep solutions on the market, and start your journey towards more restorative sleep.
Best CBD products for sleep: shortlist
- BATCH — best overall CBD oil for sleep
- Aspen Green — best physician formulated CBD oil for sleep
- Joy Organics — best CBD capsules for sleep
- FOCL — best CBD gummies for sleep
- +PlusCBD — best CBD sleep product for beginners
How we compiled our list of best CBD for sleep
Our list of the best CBD products for sleep was meticulously curated using a systematic approach. We distinguished 5 key factors that play a major role when choosing a quality product for the betterment of sleep.
|COAs are readily available
|Formulation and ingredients
|Organic, non-GMO, and science-backed ingredients
|Presence of active ingredients
|Contains scientifically researched ingredients promoting sleep and/or relaxation
|Form of CBD
|Oils, capsules, and gummies
- Confirmed third-party testing. We have ensured each product has undergone rigorous, independent testing to verify quality and safety.
- Analyzed formulation and ingredients. We have reviewed the composition of each product, favoring those with high-quality, clean ingredients.
- Checked for additional active ingredients. We have prioritized products containing sleep-enhancing compounds like melatonin or chamomile.
- Considered price. We have evaluated the cost-effectiveness of each product, seeking to balance quality and affordability.
- Reviewed form of CBD. We have included a range of forms — oils, capsules, and gummies — to cater to various user preferences and consumption habits.
Best CBD products for sleep: an overview
These exceptional products with other sleep-inducing and relaxation-promoting ingredients are formulated to address sleeping difficulties.
With CBD forms including oils, tinctures, gummies, and capsules, there is a solution for everyone’s preference.
These products are sourced from reliable farming locations, ensuring high-quality hemp, and have been third-party tested for safety, purity, and CBD strength.
Along these lines, we have thoroughly researched 5 distinct CBD products for sleep by the following brands: BATCH, Aspen Green, Joy Organics, FOCL, and +PlusCBD.
1. BATCH — the best CBD oil to mend your sleep difficulties
BATCH's Dream CBD oil tincture is a high-quality sleep aid sourced and handcrafted in Wisconsin, USA. Using ethanol extraction, the company derives its CBD from locally grown, organic hemp, ensuring purity.
Each batch undergoes rigorous third-party testing to guarantee its full-spectrum CBD extract’s safety and accuracy of cannabinoid composition therein. You can view the certificates of analysis (COAs) at your leisure on BATCH’s website.
The unique formulation includes either 1000 mg or 3000 mg of CBD per bottle (Dream’s CBD strength), coupled with a “dream terpene blend” of terpinolene, myrcene, and linalool, which, according to limited scientific research, may hold sleep-promoting effects.
Additional ingredients such as organic black seed oil and organic peppermint oil may contribute to the calming effects, making this product particularly beneficial for those seeking a good night’s rest. Each bottle holds a supply of 30 ml, thus 60 servings per bottle.
Depending on the CBD strength chosen, a one-time purchase of BATCH’s dream costs either $74.99, or $129.99.
2. Aspen Green — carefully formulated CBD oil for relaxation
Aspen Green’s Calm organic full-spectrum CBD oil is a superior sleep aid sourced from the nutrient-rich soil of Colorado, USA. Utilizing CO2 extraction, Aspen Green guarantees the purity and full-spectrum of cannabinoids in their products.
Every batch is independently third-party tested, with results accessible online for transparency.
This product contains 1500 mg of full-spectrum CBD per bottle (CBD strength), which includes beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes, including a trace amount of THC (30 mg per bottle).
The blend is enhanced with organic lemon oil for a refreshing flavor, along with organic chamomile extract and organic ashwagandha extract for additional relaxation and calmness. Each bottle contains a supply of 30 ml and 30 servings per bottle.
The higher-strength formulation and organic sourcing justify Aspen Green Calm’s premium cost at $99.99, offering quality sleep to those who prioritize natural ingredients and comprehensive effects.
3. Joy Organics — quickly absorbed CBD capsules for sleep
Joy Organics’ broad-spectrum CBD softgels with melatonin and CBN offer a somewhat holistic approach for sleep struggles. Sourced from rigorously controlled farms in Colorado, Kentucky, and Oregon, the product benefits from nutrient-rich soil and organic farming practices.
The extraction method used is CO2, preserving the broad-spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes.
Each batch undergoes a thorough third-party testing, ensuring safety and accuracy of the product.
Formulated with 25 mg of CBD, 3 mg of CBN, and 3 mg of melatonin per softgel, it is designed to help induce sleep and possibly maintain a healthy sleep cycle. Additional ingredients include roman chamomile and beta-caryophyllene known for their anti-inflammatory benefits.
As of now, a single Joy Organics softgels for sleep is priced at $79.95, and holds 30 capsules, which means a total CBD strength of 750 mg.
4. FOCL — the most versatile CBD gummies for sleep
FOCL’s Deep Sleep CBD + THC gummies present a dynamic blend for sleep enhancement. They source their hemp from organic, non-GMO farms in New Mexico, USA, warranting optimal quality.
The company uses CO2 extraction to maintain the full-spectrum integrity of cannabinoids and terpenes. Third-party lab testing is performed on each batch, verifying its safety and quality.
Deep Sleep’s formulation includes a 10:1 ratio of CBD to THC (observes the legal requirements for <0.3% concentration), designed to provide relaxation.
In addition to 25 mg of CBD and 2.5 mg of THC, each gummy also contains 15 mg of CBN, 1 mg of melatonin, and 100 mg of L-theanine, synergistically working for sleep-inducing effects.
A jar of 30 gummies, and a total CBD strength of 750 mg, retails for $69.00, offering a flavorful, accessible option for better sleep.
5. +PlusCBD — CBD oil with a fitting amount of cannabinoids for beginners
+PlusCBD’s full-spectrum CBD oil stands out for its commitment to quality and purity. The company sources its hemp from EU-certified hemp seeds grown using sustainable farming practices.
CO2 extraction is used to derive the CBD, preserving the full-spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes.
Every product undergoes rigorous third-party testing, ensuring safety and transparency.
The formulation includes CBD strengths of either 250 mg or 750 mg per bottle, in combination with a raw formula that contains ascorbyl palmitate and alpha tocopherol for their antioxidant properties. +PlusCBD full-spectrum CBD oil also offers 2 flavor options — peppermint and unflavored.
One bottle of +PlusCBD’s CBD oil holds a supply of either 30 ml or 55 ml, including 25 or 75 serving sizes of 10 mg of CBD. These bottles cost $33.99 and $62.99 accordingly.
Comparison of the best CBD for sleep
|Price (one-time purchase)
|Amount of servings
|CBD strength (per bottle/jar)
|CBD per serving
|Our pick for
|1000 mg and 3000 mg
|Hint of mint
|Best overall CBD oil for sleep
|BATCH CBD review
|Best physician formulated CBD oil for sleep
|Aspen Green CBD review
|Best CBD capsules for sleep
|Joy Organics CBD review
|Sour blue raspberry
|Best CBD gummies for sleep
|FOCL CBD review
|25 or 75
|250 mg and 750 mg
|Best CBD sleep product for beginners
|+PlusCBD CBD review
* — prices vary depending on the total CBD amount within a single bottle or jar.
How to choose the right CBD product for sleep?
Selecting the right CBD product for sleep involves considering several criteria.
Every individual’s needs and tolerances vary, so under your doctor’s supervision experiment with different products and strengths to find what works best for you.
- Third-party testing. Third-party testing is a verification process conducted by independent laboratories to assess the quality, safety, and accuracy of CBD products. These tests confirm the cannabinoid content, verify the absence of harmful substances like pesticides or heavy metals, and ensure that the product matches what is advertised, providing an extra layer of consumer trust.
- Farming location. The farming location of hemp used in CBD products can significantly affect the quality. Hemp is a bioaccumulator, meaning it can absorb both nutrients and contaminants from the soil. Locally sourced hemp, particularly from regions with strict agricultural regulations, typically ensures higher quality and safer CBD products.
- CBD strength. CBD strength refers to the concentration of CBD in a product, usually measured in milligrams. Higher-strength products contain more CBD per serving, which may offer more potent effects. It is essential to start with a lower strength and only increase it gradually, if a healthcare professional advises to do so.
- Additional active ingredients. Additional active ingredients in CBD products, like melatonin, chamomile, L-theanine, passion flower, or ashwagandha can enhance specific health effects. For sleep aids, these ingredients can amplify relaxation and drowsiness. They work synergistically with CBD, creating an “entourage effect” that potentially delivers better results than CBD alone. However, always check for potential allergies and interactions.
How does CBD help with sleep quality?
CBD potentially enhances sleep quality through several mechanisms. Firstly, it interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which plays a role in regulating sleep patterns.
CBD can also alleviate conditions that disturb sleep, like anxiety and chronic pain, by reducing its intensity. Currently, it is being researched for its ability to decrease the amount of time it takes to fall asleep and increase deep sleep stages.
Additionally, CBD may reduce REM sleep, the stage of sleep typically associated with vivid dreams and nightmares, which can be beneficial for those with REM sleep behavior disorder.
However, individual responses can vary, and more research is needed to fully understand CBD’s role in sleep improvement.
What research says about CBD for sleep?
Research on CBD’s impact on sleep is still in its early stages, but initial findings are promising.
Some studies indicate that CBD could help with short-term sleep problems, other studies suggest that CBD might have therapeutic potential for treating insomnia symptoms.
CBD’s anti-anxiety effects, demonstrated continuously, could indirectly aid sleep by reducing stress and anxiety.
Benefits of CBD for sleep
Discovering the potential benefits of CBD for sleep, promising research emerges about this natural compound and its role in improving rest.
From calming an anxious mind to alleviating physical discomfort that can disrupt sleep, CBD’s multifaceted effects could offer a pathway to better rest.
Explore how this hemp extract might enhance your sleep quality, providing a gentle solution to the betterment of sleep.
Alleviates anxiety and stress
Anxiety and stress are major contributors to sleep disorders. CBD may help manage these conditions due to its interaction with serotonin receptors in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter associated with mental health, mood regulation, and sleep.
Research suggests that CBD can enhance serotonin signaling, leading to reduced anxiety and improved mood. By alleviating stress and anxiety, CBD can create a state of mental calm, making it easier for individuals to fall asleep and maintain restful sleep throughout the night.
Chronic pain can greatly interfere with sleep quality and duration. CBD, with its potential anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, can help manage pain conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, or neuropathic pain.
By reducing inflammation and providing pain relief, CBD can make it easier for individuals to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Moreover, CBD is non-addictive and has a favorable safety profile, making it an attractive option for complementing traditional medicine.
Regulates sleep patterns
The endocannabinoid system in the human body plays a key role in regulating various physiological processes, including sleep-wake cycles. CBD can interact with this system, potentially influencing sleep patterns.
Some research suggests that CBD can increase total sleep time and reduce the symptoms of insomnia, but the results are inconclusive.
Additionally, CBD may decrease daytime sleepiness, promoting a more regulated and consistent sleep pattern.
Reduces REM sleep behavior disorder
Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep behavior disorder is a condition characterized by the act of physically “acting out” vivid dreams during REM sleep. This can cause disrupted sleep and potential harm to the individual or their bed partner.
CBD might be beneficial in this aspect as some research suggests it can help regulate the REM sleep phase, leading to less physical activity during vivid dreams.
As a result, it can improve the quality of sleep and reduce the risk of potential injuries.
Side effects of CBD for sleep
While CBD is generally well-tolerated, it may cause some side effects, especially when taken in high doses. Here are a few potential side effects:
- Fatigue. Some individuals may feel tired or fatigued after taking CBD. This is often why it is recommended for use in the evening or before bed.
- Dry mouth. CBD can sometimes lead to a condition colloquially referred to as “cottonmouth.” This is a feeling of dryness in the mouth, which can be uncomfortable for some people.
- Diarrhea. In some cases, particularly with high doses, CBD can upset the stomach and cause diarrhea.
- Changes in appetite or weight. CBD might affect your appetite, potentially leading to weight gain (the possible effect of THC included) or loss.
- Interaction with other medications. CBD could interfere with the metabolism of certain medications, altering their effects.
Hence, always consult with a healthcare provider before combining CBD with other medications.
Available CBD products for sleep
The industry of CBD products includes a diverse range of CBD products and their forms designed to enhance sleep.
From oils and tinctures that allow for a greater bioavailability, capsules for easy ingestion, to balms and lotions for topical use, and flavorful gummies offering an enticing approach.
Each product offers unique benefits, catering to different needs and preferences.
CBD oil is one of the most popular and best forms of CBD consumption. It is made by extracting CBD from a hemp plant and diluting it with a carrier oil like MCT or hemp seed oil.
It is administered sublingually, allowing rapid absorption into the bloodstream. CBD oil offers a flexible dosing via a dropper, making it a preferred choice for many users.
CBD capsules provide an easy, discreet way to consume CBD. They contain a specific dose of CBD oil or powder encased in a digestible shell, eliminating the need for measuring.
They are ideal for those who prefer a tasteless method or want a convenient option for on-the-go use. Absorption is slower, providing gradual, long-lasting effects.
CBD tinctures are similar to oils, but they are typically alcohol-based, although some use oil or glycerin as a carrier. They are taken sublingually or mixed into food or drinks.
Tinctures are highly concentrated, allowing for a more precise dosing. They are absorbed quickly, providing fast-acting effects, making them a popular choice for various wellness needs, including sleep.
CBD balms are topical products infused with CBD. They are applied directly to the skin, targeting localized areas in need of relief.
While they are often used for pain or skin conditions, some people find them helpful for relaxation and improved sleep, particularly when blended with calming essential oils.
They offer a non-invasive, easy-to-use option for CBD consumption.
CBD lotions are creams infused with CBD that are applied topically. While primarily used for skincare and localized pain relief, they can also contribute to relaxation when combined with other calming ingredients.
The transdermal absorption provides localized effects, which could potentially aid sleep in people whose sleep troubles stem from physical discomfort or skin conditions.
CBD gummies are a flavored way to consume CBD. They contain a precise dose of CBD in a chewable format, offering an easy and discreet method of intake.
Gummies usually offer a variety of flavors, welcomed by those who dislike the rusty taste of CBD oils. Gummies often include sleep-enhancing ingredients like melatonin, making them a popular choice for sleep aids.
How to use CBD for sleep and what is recommended dosage?
Since CBD has accrued reputation as a substance that promotes relaxation, most individuals before using should know when to take CBD products for sleep and what is the recommended dosage:
- Oils and tinctures. Start with a low dose (around 10 mg) before bedtime. Place the oil under your tongue, hold for 60 seconds, then swallow. Under the supervision of your personal healthcare provider, you may gradually increase the dose if needed.
- Capsules. Begin with a low dose CBD capsule (10–25 mg) before bedtime. Adjust the dosage, taking your doctor’s opinions under careful consideration, up and down as required, but remember capsules take longer to take effect.
- Gummies. Start with 1 CBD gummy (usually around 10–30 mg of CBD) at night. Increase the number of gummies gradually if more sleep aid is warranted by your personal healthcare professional.
Is it OK to use CBD together with other medication for sleep?
While CBD is generally safe, it can interact with other medications, including some sleep aids. CBD inhibits a group of liver enzymes called cytochrome P450, which metabolize many drugs.
This could potentially alter the effects of other medications in your system.
Therefore, if you are taking other medications, it is crucial to consult with a healthcare provider before starting CBD. They can help determine a safe dosage and monitor for potential interactions, ensuring that your treatment plan remains safe and effective.
Read more about what the CBD industry can offer
Best CBD gummies for anxiety and stress: the top 6 brands that may help you alleviate overhyped stress levels
Best CBD oil for pain and pain relief: the top 5 brands to relieve pain with quickly absorbable CBD
Best CBD gummies: the top 10 brands to choose from when opting for CBD intake in a gummy form
Best CBD gummies for men erectile dysfunction (ED): the top 9 brands to improve men's sexual health
Best CBD Gummies for sex and sex drive: the top 8 brands to improve sexual health for both women and men
Best CBD oil for dogs anxiety and calming: the top 8 brands to support your pooch's mental wellness
Can CBD help treat insomnia?
Potentially, yes. Research suggests that CBD might help treat insomnia symptoms, by increasing sleep duration and improving sleep quality. However, individual responses may vary, and more research is warranted. Careful medical guidance by a healthcare provider is required for insomnia treatment.
How does CBD help with sleep?
CBD may improve sleep by targeting the root causes of sleeplessness, such as anxiety, stress, and pain. It interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which regulates various bodily functions, including sleep. By managing these conditions, CBD can promote a more restful and longer sleep.
Is CBD better than sleeping pills?
No. Sleeping pills are prescribed by professional healthcare specialists with specific dosages, durations of intake, and purposes in mind to treat serious sleeping disorders. Whereas, CBD is an option to mildly reduce sleeping difficulties and promote calmness.
- Current Psychiatry Reports. Cannabis, Cannabinoids, and Sleep: a Review of the Literature.
- Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research. Use of Cannabidiol in the Management of Insomnia: A Systematic Review.
- Neurotherapeutics. Effects of Cannabinoids on Sleep and their Therapeutic Potential for Sleep Disorders.
- Journal of the American Nutrition Association. The Safety and Comparative Effectiveness of Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid Formulations for the Improvement of Sleep: A Double-Blinded, Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Current Addiction Reports. Therapeutic Efficacy of Cannabidiol (CBD): A Review of the Evidence from Clinical Trials and Human Laboratory Studies.
- Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research. Cannabinol and Sleep: Separating Fact from Fiction.