Moringa, sometimes referred to as a miracle tree, has gained immense popularity for its dense nutritional profile and potential health benefits, prompting many supplement companies to start offering moringa products.
In this article, we delve into the world of moringa supplements, exploring various forms like powders and capsules. We'll discuss several key factors, such as ingredient quality, brand reputation, and customer reviews, to help you make an informed decision.
Whether you're a long-time moringa enthusiast or new to its wonders, read on for the latest insights and recommendations for the best moringa supplements available now.
Best moringa supplements: shortlist
- Double Wood — best moringa supplement overall
- Microbiome Plus+ — best moringa supplement for vegans
- Bulk Supplements — best moringa supplement in powder form
- Swanson — best moringa supplement with the most reviews
- Angry Supplements — best moringa supplement for beginners
The methodology behind our best moringa supplement picks
|Purity and natural sourcing
|Trustworthy and acclaimed brand
|$0.08-$0.80 per serving
|Rich in essential nutrients
|Powder, capsules, or tea
- Ingredient quality. The best moringa supplement should have ingredients sourced from pristine, uncontaminated environments. Organic certification is a significant plus, especially for those seeking the best organic moringa powder or capsules.
- Reputable provider. Brands that garner good and genuine user reports usually offer quality and transparency in production. The best moringa brand is not just about name recognition but also about consumer trust and satisfaction with the product.
- Price. While not compromising on quality, the best moringa supplement must offer a balance between cost and nutritional value. Look for a product that supports health without imposing undue financial burden.
- Nutritional profile. The best moringa powder or capsules should be abundant in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that come from moringa leaves.
- Form. Whether it's the best moringa powder, the best moringa capsules, or the best moringa tea, the form of the supplement matters for convenience and personal preference.
Best moringa supplements: overview
In this section, we review our five top picks that are worth your consideration. We scrutinized the following brands based on their ingredient origin and organic certifications, quality testing, customer reviews, and price-to-value ratio. Read on to learn our findings.
1. Double Wood — best moringa supplement overall
Double Wood’s moringa stands out as the best moringa supplement on our list, as it contains everything you would wish a moringa supplement had.
It's packing a 1000 mg of certified organic moringa leaf powder per two-capsule serving. The supplement offers other benefits, such as high levels of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B, C, K, manganese, as well as having potent antioxidant properties from its flavonoids.
Double Wood goes the extra mile to manufacture its moringa supplement under good manufacturing practice (GMP) standards. The product is third-party tested to confirm ingredient safety and no toxic substances. When it comes to customer reviews, they are generous and positive. However, it would be ideal to see more feedback in the near future.
The brand indicates the serving size as 2-8 capsules, so it’s best to discuss it with your healthcare provider to determine the right amount and adjust the dose under their supervision.
A 105-day supply, taking 2 capsules per serving, costs $19.95 ($0.19 per serving).
2. Microbiome Plus+ — best moringa supplement for vegans
Microbiome Plus+ offers their moringa supplement to cater to those searching for just moringa — as simple and natural as it gets. The product boasts a simple ingredient list, consisting of Moringa oleifera leaf powder and vegetable cellulose for the capsule, highlighting the brand’s commitment to natural, straightforward supplementation.
Packing 800 mg of moringa leaf powder per two-capsule serving, this supplement offers a potent boost of essential vitamins and micronutrients coupled with moringa’s own antioxidant compounds.
Notably, the product page does not explicitly mention third-party testing or organic certification, which are important factors for some consumers in assessing the quality and safety of supplements.
Judging from the date on the single customer feedback at the time of this writing, this supplement has just recently been offered, therefore the true customer satisfaction will be revealed shortly when more users report their experience.
A 30-day supply costs $21.99 ($0.73 per serving).
3. Bulk Supplements — best moringa supplement in powder form
Bulk Supplements offer their Organic Moringa Leaf Powder as an excellent option for those looking to add the nutritional advantages of moringa to their diet in a versatile and natural way.
The brand enunciates their commitment and displays USDA organic certification on the product’s web page. A single serving of 3 grams of the powder is particularly flexible, easily blending into smoothies, teas, or various meals, making it ideal for those who appreciate versatility when taking supplements.
Bulk Supplements claim to manufacture their products in an FDA-registered, cGMP-certified manufacturing facility. The brand also makes claims about third-party testing each product before releasing it for sale, although no certificates of analysis are displayed online for moringa.
When it comes to customer reviews, there was a single customer review at the time of this writing, which is likely due to the novelty of moringa in Bulk Supplements’s assortment — we’ll just have to wait for more people to express their satisfaction.
166 servings cost $22.96 ($0.14 per serving).
4. Swanson — best moringa supplement with most reviews
Swanson Premium Full Spectrum Moringa oleifera capsules offer a convenient way to incorporate the benefits of the moringa leaf into your daily routine. Each capsule contains 400 mg of Moringa oleifera leaf. This provides a straightforward approach to dosage and use. This form is particularly suitable for those who prefer the ease of capsules over powder.
The website does not provide specific information about third-party testing or organic certification, which are important factors for those concerned about ingredient quality and purity. On the other hand, Swanson claims to perform internal and external testing for this product.
Swanson’s Moringa has the backing of many customers with generally positive reviews, somewhat offsetting the lack of product testing results. At the end of the day, customer satisfaction is key when considering a new supplement.
60 capsules cost $5.39 ($0.09 per serving).
5. Angry Supplements — best moringa supplement for beginners
Angry Supplements' Organic Moringa offers a unique blend of health benefits in a convenient capsule form. The main ingredient, organic moringa leaf powder, reaffirms the brand’s commitment to natural, organic sourcing.
The brand offers 500 mg of moringa per two-capsule serving. This means that for those sensitive to new supplements, it may be easier to start with a low dose under the clinician’s supervision, taking just one capsule of 250 mg. Notably, the capsules are made from bovine gelatin, making them unsuitable for vegans or vegetarians.
Angry Supplements manufactures all its products in an FDA-registered, GMP-certified facility, ensuring top quality for its supplements. While customer reviews are few, such commitment to manufacturing conformity really bolsters the trust in the brand’s offering. On the other hand, there is no easy way to check the brand’s claims on the organic origin of moringa without contacting the manufacturer, which may be important for some.
A month’s supply costs $12.99 ($0.43 per serving).
Comparison of the best moringa supplements
|Price per bottle
|Price per serving
|Number of servings
|Amount per serving
What is moringa: a guide to the nutrient-rich superfood
Moringa, scientifically known as Moringa oleifera, originating from Africa and Asia, is often recognized as a superfood. Its rich array of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants is highly prized.
Its leaves, pods, and seeds have traditionally been used for health benefits. If consumed for general health and well-being, moringa may possibly strengthen the immune system and potentially act against inflammation.
Available in different forms like powder, capsules, or tea, its comprehensive advantages make moringa a valued component in holistic health routines for many.
Moringa pros and cons: a scientific evidence-based review
Moringa oleifera, a plant rich in nutrients and bioactive compounds, has been studied for its potential health benefits and drawbacks. Here are a few points to consider before starting moringa supplementation.
- Health benefits. High in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, moringa potentially supports overall health.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. Moringa may reduce inflammation, essential in preventing inflammatory conditions.
- Blood sugar regulation. Some animal studies suggest moringa may help in managing blood sugar levels.
- Immunomodulatory properties. Early animal studies have observed immunostimulatory behavior after administering moringa leaf extract, which may provide a wide range of health benefits, for example relating to anti-cancer and anti-senescence effects.
- Cardiovascular benefits. Studies conducted in animals and a small number of individuals with high cholesterol have demonstrated that moringa may help to reduce cholesterol levels and hypertension.
- Manufacturing requires specialist know-how. Moringa’s root and bark might contain higher levels of toxic substances if not processed correctly.
- Few studies on humans. While the beneficial effect profile may be drawn from known substances that appear in moringa, toxicity studies have only been conducted in animals. It is not known if its effect and safe dosages would differ in humans.
- Moringa may interact with certain medications. Blood thinners, antidiabetic, high blood pressure, and thyroid medication all may interact with moringa. Be sure to seek your healthcare practitioner’s advice.
Which is better: moringa powder or capsules? Exploring the optimal choice
Choosing between moringa powder and capsules largely depends on individual preferences and lifestyle needs, as both forms offer the plant's inherent benefits. Moringa powder is praised for its versatility — it can be seamlessly integrated into smoothies, teas, or meals. This form might offer a more complete nutrient profile, as it's less processed.
On the other hand, capsules provide a convenient, taste-neutral option, ideal for those with busy lifestyles or those who prefer a no-fuss, consistent dosage. There is no scientific research directly comparing the two forms. Therefore, the choice between moringa powder and capsules should align with your dietary preferences, convenience, and lifestyle requirements.
Guidelines for choosing the best moringa supplement: what to know
When picking the top moringa supplement, it's essential to evaluate various aspects to confirm its quality and effectiveness:
- Source and purity. Choose supplements from well-regarded farms, ensuring the moringa is cultivated in clean soil.
- Certifications. Look for organically certified products that are tested for heavy metals and contaminants to ensure safety and high quality.
- Formulation. Consider your lifestyle and preferences when choosing between moringa powder or capsules. Powders are versatile, while capsules offer ease of use.
- Brand reputation. Investigate the brand's standing in the market, customer feedback, and transparency about their production methods. Renowned brands typically equate to consistent quality and customer trust.
- Labeling and dosage. Check for clear ingredient labels and recommended dosage instructions. Correct dosing is key for the supplement's effectiveness and your safety.
Identifying who should not take moringa: important safety considerations
While moringa offers numerous health benefits, it's not universally safe. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should steer clear of parts like the root, bark, or flowers, which, in traditional medicine, has been used to cause miscarriages.
Those with hypothyroidism must also be wary, as moringa might intensify thyroid issues.
The effects of moringa on children are not well-studied, suggesting a need for caution.
In general, consulting a healthcare professional before adding moringa to your diet is crucial to ensure it's a safe choice for your specific health circumstances.
Best moringa supplement: conclusion
In conclusion, the best moringa supplement choice hinges on quality, form, and individual health needs. Adding moringa to your routine is a great way to obtain vitamins, micronutrients, and potential benefits, like immunity boost.
Whether opting for the versatility of moringa powder or the convenience of capsules, selecting a reputable brand with organic certification and positive reviews is crucial. However, it's essential to consider personal health conditions and consult a healthcare provider before starting any supplement.
Discover other supplements to implement into your routine
Read on to find out more about the best supplements for muscle growth that may support your efforts in the gym.
If you’re looking to leverage the age-old ashwagandha herb’s benefits, check out our article on the best ashwagandha supplements.
To find out ways to boost your energy and vitality, read our article on the best energy supplements to give you a much needed pick-me-up in a natural way.
What is moringa used for?
Moringa, a nutrient-rich plant, is used for its health-promoting properties. It's known to potentially support immune health, and provide antioxidants. Moringa also may help regulate blood sugar and reduce inflammation, making it a versatile natural supplement.
Which brand is best for moringa?
Look for a brand that encompasses all there is to be desired in a moringa supplement: extensive product testing, organic certification for moringa, and some insight into customer satisfaction in addition to an affordable price.
What is the best time to take moringa capsules?
As there is little testing conducted with humans, it's important to follow the specific brand guidelines and consult a healthcare provider for personalized advice.
What is the most efficient way to take moringa?
The most efficient way to take moringa depends on personal preference. Moringa powder can be added to smoothies or meals for a nutrient boost, while capsules offer convenience and precise dosage. Both methods are equally effective in delivering moringa's benefits.
- South African Journal of Botany. An updated comprehensive review of the medicinal, phytochemical and pharmacological properties of Moringa oleifera.
- International Journal of Food Science. Moringa oleifera is a Prominent Source of Nutrients with Potential Health Benefits.
- Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Experimental Assessment of Moringa oleifera Leaf and Fruit for Its Antistress, Antioxidant, and Scavenging Potential Using In Vitro and In Vivo Assays.