Taking probiotics has beneficial effects on the gut, which in turn may contribute to an overall improvement in well-being. Yet, selecting the most suitable product can be a laborious task.
Biotics 8 is a dietary supplement that includes various probiotics and is tailored to men. In addition to promising optimized gut microbiota, it also claims to enhance testosterone levels, boost mood, and assist in improving physical performance.
In this review, we will examine the Biotics 8 supplement and evaluate the assertions it makes. We prepared this article based on Biotics 8 reviews and the manufacturer’s website information to aid you in assessing the effectiveness of this supplement.
Biotics 8 is a probiotic complex tailored to men’s health. It can help improve the gut microbiome, support the immune system and boost mood, and energy levels.
- Ingredients. The Biotics 8 formula contains 10 probiotic strains, alongside a rich blend of digestive enzymes (lipase, amylase, protease), prebiotic fiber (inulin), and vitamin D.
- Intended purpose. The Biotics 8 complex is specifically formulated to promote optimal digestive health and support immunity in males of all age groups. It can benefit individuals experiencing conditions such as IBS and those who want to improve their gut health.
- Price. The cost of the supplement varies depending on the selection of package options. The cheapest option of one month’s supply (90 capsules) currently costs $64.99. Purchasing larger bundles enables you to save money.
- Benefits. The Biotics 8 probiotic may aid digestion and support mental well-being. As the manufacturer suggests, men using probiotics may increase their testosterone levels and muscle growth.
- Side effects. Probiotics are generally safe for consumption with no significant side effects under intended use.
About Biotics 8
Biotics 8 is a leading men's probiotic for gut health. In addition to enhancing digestive system function, the live probiotic strains for this product were picked based on research that suggests that they address gut health concerns commonly experienced by men. Vitamin D is also added to the product to enhance its mood-stabilizing effects.
Biotics 8 is produced by Wolfson Brands, an esteemed enterprise based in Glasgow, United Kingdom. The company specializes in the fields of wellness and sports nutrition. In their portfolio, they also possess YourBiology Gut+, a versatile probiotic complex.
Biotics 8 is available in several countries, including the United States, the country where it is manufactured.
Ingredients of Biotics 8 Probiotics
One serving (3 capsules) of Biotics 8 delivers 20 billion colony-forming units (CFUs). Research indicates that a daily dosage ranging from 10 to 20 billion CFUs can be adequate for improving gut health. As some products have been efficacious at lower levels and some require much more, the dosage should be based on specific health benefits, strain, and scientific evidence.
Every ingredient in this product is supported by scientific evidence. The Biotics 8 supplement is one of the probiotics for men that is free from any unnecessary additives.
Provided below is a detailed list of the active Biotics 8 ingredients.
|Ingredient||Amount per 3 capsules||Potential benefits|
|Saccharomyces boulardii||2 billion CFUs||May alleviate inflammation in the colon and prevent diarrhea. A rat study indicated that it might enhance VO2 max and aerobic performance.|
|Lactobacillus casei||2 billion CFUs||Helps to promote healthy bowel movements. May contribute to stress reduction.|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus||2 billion CFUs||Helps to promote healthy bowel movements. May contribute to stress reduction.|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus||2 billion CFUs||May reduce IBS symptoms.|
|Lactobacillus plantarum||2 billion CFUs||A rat study indicated improved sperm volume and vitality.|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||2 billion CFUs||May support the treatment of digestive disorders.|
|Lactobacillus paracasei||2 billion CFUs||May improve colon inflammation.|
|Lactobacillus fermentum||2 billion CFUs||May relieve inflammation.|
|Bifidobacterium longum||2 billion CFUs||May improve IBS symptoms.|
|Bifidobacterium breve||2 billion CFUs||Animal studies indicated that this strain may help to reduce fat mass and increase muscle mass.|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum||2 billion CFUs||May improve IBS symptoms.|
|Inulin||45 mg||Prebiotic that aids the growth of beneficial bacteria.|
|Digestive enzymes (lipase, amylase, protease)||25 mg + 20 mg + 10 mg||Improves digestion.|
|Vitamin D||10 mcg||Supports the immune system and mental well-being.|
Benefits of the Biotics 8
The Biotics 8 probiotic supplements have numerous health benefits. Here are some of them reported by consumers in Biotics 8 reviews:
- Improved digestion function. Not only does Biotics 8 contain good bacteria that improve gut health, but it is also packed with digestive enzymes that help break down macronutrients.
- Fortified immune system. Balanced gut flora aids the immune system and helps fight various infections.
- Enhanced cognitive function. Studies show that gut health correlates with cognitive functions such as focus and mental endurance.
- Improved mental health. Incorporating probiotics can help relieve stress and reduce anxiety. The Biotics 8 supplement is additionally enriched with vitamin D, renowned for its ability to alleviate symptoms of depression.
- Boosted testosterone levels. Studies on animals indicate that probiotics may elevate testosterone levels. One study on rats suggests that lactobacillus plantarum, a strain included in Biotics 8, can potentially promote muscle growth.
Are there any possible side effects?
Probiotic dietary supplements are safe for most individuals. The microorganisms they contain naturally exist within our bodies and in fermented foods, so their consumption typically does not result in any adverse reactions.
However, as with all probiotics, you should be aware of possible mild side effects:
- Flatulence. Some people may initially encounter symptoms such as bloating and gas as their gut adapts to the new supplement.
- Diarrhea. It is possible to experience diarrhea when starting to take probiotics. To minimize the risk, introduce probiotics gradually.
These side effects are temporary, but it is recommended to consult with your physician if you are experiencing them.
If the symptoms are persistent or severe, please discontinue using the supplement. People who have a weakened immune system or are critically ill are not advised to start taking any probiotics before consulting a healthcare professional.
Pros & cons of Biotics 8
When considering whether to purchase a particular brand like Biotics 8, it's important to evaluate the potential advantages and disadvantages. Below are some general pros and cons to consider:
How does Biotics 8 probiotic work?
In our bodies, there is a multitude of bacteria that coexist naturally. Within this diverse microbial community, there are both good and bad bacteria. The overgrowth of harmful bacteria can lead to infections, inflammation, and worsen symptoms of conditions such as IBS.
Probiotics contain good bacteria and help to balance the microbiome. The Biotics 8 supplement is a particular blend of probiotics that was created to fit men’s health needs.
This product contains meticulously studied live probiotics. These probiotic strains have been specifically picked for their suggested benefits in promoting and enhancing men's health.
In addition, Biotics 8 is packed with digestive enzymes and prebiotics to ensure the effectiveness of the product. Vitamin D is also added to the supplement to help improve mood and the immune system.
What is the recommended dosage?
The provider recommended dosage of Biotics 8 is 3 capsules per day. It is advised not to exceed the daily intake.
Probiotics should be introduced gradually. Begin by taking 1 capsule the first 4 days, subsequently progressing to a dosage of 2 capsules per day for an additional 4-day period. Finally, on the 10th day, the dosage should be increased to 3 capsules per day.
How much is Biotics 8 supplement?
As of July 2023, Biotics 8 complex is offered in 1-month, 2-month, and 3-month supply bundles. The best option is to pick either a 2-month or 3-month supply bundle as they include additional bottles of the supplement for free. By taking advantage of the current sale, you can save up to $15 when you order the supplement.
For the current prices of Biotics 8 probiotic in the U.S., check the table below:
|Biotics 8 package||Price||Savings|
|2 months + 1 month free||$129.99||$109.98|
|3 months + 2 months free||$194.99||$204.96|
Right now, Biotics 8 ships its products free within the USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and France.
Quality, transparency & safety
It is important to consider certain factors to ensure the brand you are purchasing is trustworthy, reliable, and their products are safe for consumption.
Below is a summary of the safety measures which can be found on the Biotics 8 website:
- Sourcing. Although the Biotics 8 website claims that the product formula is created using natural ingredients, the exact sources and/or suppliers are not publicized.
- Manufacturing. Biotics 8 is manufactured within the United States in GMP-certified facilities.
- Third-party testing. There is no information about third-party testing on the Biotics 8 website.
- Purity. The Biotics 8 website does not reveal any information regarding the purity of their product.
How long does it take for Biotics 8 to start working?
As probiotics must be taken daily, consistency plays a vital role in harnessing all benefits from the Biotics 8 supplement. In most cases, customers can see improvement in their health within the first 2 weeks, but the full benefits will be noticeable at around the 3-month mark.
Biotics 8 also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product.
Read more about probiotics for digestive and gut health
Best probiotics for IBS: manage symptoms of the gut disorder, including diarrhea and constipation
Best probiotics for men: find probiotics tailored for specific men needs
Best probiotics for weight loss: keep a balance between good and bad stomach bacteria and flatten the belly
Best probiotics for constipation may increase bowel movements.
What is Biotics 8?
Biotics 8 is a probiotic supplement complex tailored to men’s health needs. It can help improve gut health, thus increasing overall well-being. In addition to probiotics, Biotics 8 contains digestive enzymes, prebiotic fiber, and vitamin D.
Who owns Biotics 8?
Biotics 8 is owned by Wolfson Brands, a company focused on sports nutrition and wellness. The company is headquartered in the United Kingdom and has a global presence with facilities in various countries.
Where is Biotics 8 made?
The Biotics 8 probiotic supplements are manufactured in the USA. As their website notes, the dietary supplement is made in a GMP-certified facility. The product must pass various tests to ensure each bottle contains live strains of good bacteria.
- Journal of Translational Medicine. Influence of Diet on the Gut Microbiome and Implications for Human Health.
- American Family Physician. Probiotics.
- Nutrients. Effects of the Human Gut Microbiota on Cognitive Performance, Brain ,Structure and Function: A Narrative Review.
- Nutrients. Supplementation with Saccharomyces boulardii Increases the Maximal Oxygen Consumption and Maximal Aerobic Speed Attained by Rats Subjected to an Incremental-Speed Exercise.
- Beneficial Microbes. Fermented milk containing Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota prevents the onset of physical symptoms in medical students under academic examination stress.
Show all references
- Gut Microbes. Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG prevents epithelial barrier dysfunction induced by interferon-gamma and fecal supernatants from irritable bowel syndrome patients in human intestinal enteroids and colonoids.
- Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome. The potential therapeutic effects of Lactobacillus plantarum and inulin on serum and testicular reproductive markers in diabetic male rats.
- Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology. Lactobacillus acidophilus LB: a useful pharmabiotic for the treatment of digestive disorders.
- Nutrients. Efficacy of Lactobacillus paracasei HA-196 and Bifidobacterium longum R0175 in Alleviating Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Lactobacillus fermentum attenuates the proinflammatory effect of Yersinia enterocolitica on human epithelial cells.
- Bioscience of Microbiota, Food and Health. Effects of Bifidobacterium breve B-3 on body fat reductions in pre-obese adults: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. Randomised clinical trial: Bifidobacterium bifidum MIMBb75 significantly alleviates irritable bowel syndrome and improves quality of life--a double-blind, placebo-controlled study.