Selecting the best mattress for a daybed requires proper consideration, as it is designed to serve the dual purpose of lounging and sleeping. The right mattress may not only enhance comfort but also provide a visually pleasing aesthetic.
It's essential to consider factors like size, material, and firmness to ensure the mattress meets functional and decorative needs. A well-chosen mattress transforms a daybed into a versatile and inviting space in any home.
In this article, we will review our compilation of products that may be useful for individuals searching for the best mattress for a daybed.
Mattress for daybed: a shortlist
- Amerisleep — best overall mattress for daybed
- SweetNight — best twin mattress for daybed
- Zoma — best sports mattress for daybed
- Plank — best flippable all-foam mattress for daybed
- Brooklyn Bedding — best mattress with various firmness options
How we chose the best mattress for daybed: our criteria
When compiling the best mattress for a daybed list, we considered specific criteria such as size, thickness, material, support, reviews, and price.
All these factors allowed us to choose products suitable for different types of users.
|Must fit the daybed frame precisely
|Positive customer feedback
- Size. We made sure the mattress dimensions perfectly matched standard daybed sizes for a seamless fit.
- Material. We focused on high-quality memory foam materials for durability and comfort.
- Reviews. We considered user feedback to understand the experience when using these products.
- Price. We looked for products offering a balance between cost and quality.
Top mattresses for daybed: overview
To find out what is the best mattress for a daybed, it's essential to understand how these products differ from each other based on various factors.
We've curated our list of the best mattress products for a daybed, providing an in-depth overview of their key features, benefits, and potential drawbacks.
1. Amerisleep — best overall mattress for daybed
AS2 Hybrid Mattress by Amerisleep offers a comfortable and supportive daybed option for multipurpose relaxation.
This mattress of medium firmness incorporates cutting-edge Bio-Pur® and HIVE® technologies, striking a balance between comfort and support:
As stated by the manufacturer, this mattress is environmentally friendly, crafted using non-toxic substances, and does not contain fiberglass, contributing to a healthier sleeping environment. Additionally, it holds a CertiPUR-US® certification, which guarantees minimal volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, enhancing indoor air quality.
The mattress is backed by a 20-year warranty, indicative of its longevity and superior craftsmanship. The Amerisleep AS2 Hybrid Mattress is offered with a 100-night trial without any risk, giving customers the opportunity to personally assess its benefits.
This product is available in multiple sizes, with prices beginning at $849.00.
2. SweetNight — best twin mattress for daybed
Radiant Gel Memory Foam Mattress by SweetNight is a versatile product offering a combination of comfort and support. It may be a potential choice for customers who are looking for the best twin mattress for a daybed.
The mattress stands out for its wide selection of size options and features, such as motion isolation and firmness choices.
It also comes with a CertiPur-US® and fiberglass-free material made out of three different layers:
- Gel-infused cooling memory foam layer
- Firm comfort foam layer
- High-density support foam layer
SweetNight's commitment to customer satisfaction is evident in its best-in-class warranty and free shipping in the USA.
Radiant Gel Memory Foam Mattress is currently available at a sale price of $332.00, marked down from the regular price of $475.00.
3. Zoma — best sports mattress for daybed
Zoma Mattress, designed for athletes, may be an excellent choice for a daybed, aiming to provide rest and rejuvenation for those with demanding lifestyles.
It's a premium hybrid mattress engineered to respond to movements and maintain coolness throughout the night. The product features a breathable cooling cover and gel cooling foam, providing a comfortable sleep experience. Additionally, it delivers durable support for proper spine alignment and edge support.
The product is CertiPUR-US® certified, ensuring it's free from harmful chemicals and low in VOCs.
This mattress is a smart choice for those seeking a balance of comfort, support, and eco-friendliness.
Zome Mattress comes with a 100-night risk-free trial and a 10-year warranty and is available for a price starting from $999.00.
4. Plank — best flippable all-foam mattress for daybed
The Plank Firm Mattress offers a flippable all-foam mattress, which may be the ideal daybed choice for its firm and flat surface.
Its flippable design allows users to choose between extra firm and medium-firm feels, enhancing its versatility and longevity.
The mattress incorporates high-density foams for firm support while soothing hips and shoulders, ensuring long-lasting, restorative sleep. It features breathable materials with open-cell technology for a cooler sleep experience. Perfect spinal alignment is another key benefit, with each foam layer crafted to provide targeted support.
For those who sleep hot, there's an option to upgrade to the GlacioTex™ cooling cover for additional comfort.
Plank Firm Mattress starts from $561.80, making it an affordable option for those seeking firm support and a cooler sleep experience.
5. Brooklyn Bedding — best mattress with various firmness options
Signature Hybrid Mattress by Brooklyn Bedding may be a suitable daybed choice for those who are looking for customizable comfort and proper support.
This mattress boasts a versatile comfort system, offering three levels of firmness: soft, medium, and firm, to accommodate a range of sleep preferences.
It also comes with an additional option — the Cozy-as-a-Cloud Cooling Pillow Top, which includes a GlacioTex™ Cooling Cover and a two-layer pillow top foam that may deliver enhanced contouring and pressure point reduction.
Brooklyn Bedding focuses on direct shipping to the consumer, removing intermediary expenses, and presents various mattress choices beginning at $498.80. Each mattress is accompanied by a 120-night trial and a 10-year warranty, providing assurance and satisfaction to customers.
Comparing the best mattresses for daybed
|Starting at $849.00
|Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King, Split King
|Bio-Pur® memory foam
|Twin, Full, Queen, King
|Gel-infused cooling memory foam layer,Firm comfort foam layer,High-density support foam layer
|Starting at $999.00
|Queen, Twin, Twin XL, Full, King, California King, Split King
|Perforated gel memory foam, Reactiv™ foam, Pocketed coils, and durable base foam
|Starting at $561.80
|Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King
|Starting at $498.80
|Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King, Custom Sizes
|Available in soft, medium, and firm options
|Supreme response comfort foam, individually encased coils, VariFlex™ transition foam
Picking the right mattress for daybed
When selecting the ideal mattress for a daybed, there are a few more factors that should be considered:
- Durability. A durable mattress will withstand regular use without excessive wear or the need for frequent repairs. This is crucial for daybeds that are built to serve a dual purpose.
- Compatibility. Ensure the mattress is compatible with the daybed frame in terms of dimensions and design. This includes checking if the mattress supports the daybed's functionality, like a trundle bed if applicable.
- Versatility. Consider how the mattress complements the daybed's dual role as a bed and a seating platform. The mattress should provide comfort and support for both sleeping and lounging.
- Firmness level. Different sleep positions require different firmness levels. For example, daybed users might prefer a medium-firm level, which strikes a balance between providing enough support for sitting and lying down.
Types of mattresses used for daybeds
Daybed mattresses come in various types and materials, offering unique benefits. Each material caters to different comfort and support preferences, ensuring there's a suitable option for every daybed use case. The most common types include:
- Memory foam. Known for its pressure-relieving properties, memory foam conforms to the body, providing support and comfort. The material is ideal for daybeds used primarily for sleeping.
- Innerspring. These mattresses have a bouncier feel and can offer firmer support. They are a good choice for daybeds used as sofas or for guests who prefer a firmer sleeping surface.
- Hybrid. Combining memory foam and innerspring, hybrid mattresses may provide a balance of comfort and support, making them versatile for both sitting and sleeping on a daybed.
Mattresses for a daybed compared to other bedding options
Daybed mattresses stand out for their compatibility and comfort compared to futons, sofa beds, and regular mattresses. These unique mattresses are designed for sleeping and resting, and may offer a more appealing user experience.
Futons, on the other hand, are more flexible, often thinner, and less supportive, making them ideal for occasional use. Sofa beds provide a convenient sleeping solution but may lack the comfort of a traditional mattress due to their foldable design. Regular mattresses are typically thicker and more supportive, designed specifically for nightly sleep without the dual-purpose functionality of daybed mattresses.
Tips for choosing a mattress for a daybed
Consider these practical tips for optimizing space and comfort while selecting the best mattress for daybed:
- Match the frame. Ensure the mattress size aligns with the daybed frame dimensions for a perfect fit.
- Comfort level. Choose a mattress that provides the right balance of support and softness, considering its dual use for seating and sleeping.
- Quality materials. Opt for durable materials that can withstand regular use, ensuring longevity and sustained comfort.
- Assess the primary use. If the daybed is mainly for sleeping, look for a traditional mattress, possibly with a metal frame.
Other products that may improve your sleep
If you’re looking for a good night’s sleep with no discomfort, consider the best mattress topper for back pain.
Discover heavy profile mattress options with the best mattresses for heavy people.
Those who prefer sleeping on their side may be interested in the best mattress for side sleepers.
If you are looking for a great mattress for trundle bed, consider our top selections.
How thick should a daybed mattress be?
For optimal comfort and practical use, a daybed mattress should ideally be between 6-8 inches thick. This thickness range provides ample support and comfort while making sure the mattress fits well within the daybed frame and maintains its multifunctional use.
What type of mattress is best for a daybed?
Memory foam mattresses are often the best choice for daybeds due to their flexibility and pressure-relieving properties, making them comfortable for relaxing and sleeping. Innerspring mattresses may offer firmer support, while hybrid mattresses are tailored to combine support and comfort, which is suitable for varied uses of a daybed.
What makes a daybed mattress different from regular mattresses?
Daybed mattresses stand out from regular ones, with their specific level of firmness to support sitting and sleeping functions. They are also specifically sized to fit daybed frames, which often have different dimensions than standard bed frames.